The purpose of this position is to provide principled leadership and support for company growth and improvements, while supporting employees to ensure standard operating procedures, GMP's/SQF, quality and CI programs are understood and followed while supervising and leading the operations of all departments within the facility.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
-Follow all GMP's and work in a manner consistent with all corporate, regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements to produce safe quality food.
- Supervise milk receiving, cheese, packaging, whey and dryer plant personal and associated activities.
- Ability to trouble shoot production and equipment problems.
- Train and monitor employees on safety, chemical safety and cleaning procedures.
- Champion a continuous improvement culture at the facility.
- Drive continuous improvement programs such as 5S, Kaizens, Poke Yoke and Idea Funnel. Eliminate or reduce the 6 deadly wastes.
- Monitor and document waste and resources to improve cost and quality.
- Reviews general status of production schedules to ensure that schedules are being met, and if necessary, assigns or adjusts schedules and/or personnel to balance and expedite work through production areas.
- Determine correct operating parameters for product being produced and review with Department/Plant Manager.
- Coach, assist and develop team leaders for success.
- Assure smooth operation and communications between team leaders and production employees.
- Monitor and drive the Food Safety Plan.
- Assist QC in maintaining required sanitation and quality levels.
- Assist management in maintaining regular audits. (USDA, AIB, etc.)
- Monitor and drive the plant safety. Participate in any safety programs. Investigate fully any accidents or near misses.
- Responsible to work with Maintenance to conduct preventive maintenance and repairs to any plant equipment.
- Assist Lab and warehouse departments as needed.
- Complete required duties in SAP, Kronos and other plant recording programs.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3 years in a food manufacturing environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to coordinate several projects at once.
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- Problem solving and follow through.
- Promote a safe work culture.
- Some knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
No travel required
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!