Why Badger Meter?
Are you looking to join a dynamic team where you have the autonomy and challenge that lets you learn and grow your career? Are you energized when you know that your contributions matter and make a difference in business success? If yes, then Badger Meter may be a great place for you!
For more than 115 years, Badger Meter has provided strong, stable financial growth, in turn providing employees with the opportunity to build long, successful careers. As a leading manufacturer of flow measurement technology, Badger Meter offers many opportunities to measure what matters in protecting the world's water and other precious resources. Our company is large enough to continually drive market innovation, all while we maintain a collaborative and flexible working atmosphere.
What You Will Contribute:
The Planner/Scheduler is responsible to engage corporate MRP system and other data resources to analyze, schedule, initiate, and coordinate production and inventory plans for various product groups in a mixed model, multi-facility manufacturing organization. This position is also responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy in assigned product groups. Aligns all activities to corporate strategy and objectives, which focus on continuous improvement in the areas Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Establishes and executes plans to maintain optimum inventory and production levels to support sales forecast and customer orders for assigned product groups. Modifies planning parameters to be in alignment with changing business environment.
- Develops daily and weekly production plans with production managers.
- Interfaces with material planners at other manufacturing sites to ensure timely flow of materials where required.
- Serves as main interface point between operations and Sales, Purchasing, Customer Service and Engineering. Communicates with these functional areas as required to fulfill customer orders.
- Releases production shop orders to support manufacturing forecast and customer orders as required.
- Review and revise scheduled dates and quantities of released manufacturing orders. Communicating changes and requirements to the shop floor as necessary.
- Account for materials required to build manufacturing orders by reviewing the appropriate dispatch reports, communicating shortages and expediting as needed to meet customer due dates.
- Participates in the review of missed shipments to determine root causes to prevent recurrence.
- Participate in the cycle counting program performing counts, adjustments, and root cause analysis.
- Participate in inventory audits and reviews, including personal/individual inventory locations, updating as necessary.
- Ensure system parameters and settings are properly established for new products and end-of-life products. Participates in new product development teams or obsolete inventory/product teams as required.
- Provide MRP system training to shop employees as needed.
- Associates degree; Bachelor's degree in Operations, Supply Chain or a related field preferred
- APICS Certification preferred
- Intermediate skills with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Intermediate skills in MRP (Material Requirements Planning) system
- 3+ years of experience in materials, production control, purchasing, or inventory control
Badger Meter is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and the "EEO is the Law" poster supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm