Kemps is a farmer-owned brand of Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a diary marketing cooperative owned by more than 12,500 family farmers. Since 1914, Kemps has provided families with fresh, delicious dairy products, fresh milk, frozen yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese and frozen novelty treats.
By joining Kemps, you can help us continue to make a difference that matters. We care deeply about the well-being of our neighbors and friends, and we celebrate the diversity of our company and our world. It takes an incredible team to deliver the goodness of dairy and enrich our communities - come join us!
We are currently seeking a Production Manager for our location in Rockford, IL. In this role you will work with the Plant Manager and/or Operations Manager as the liaison between the plant and other departments including sales, distribution, corporate, and state and federal regulatory personnel. The leader we are seeking will be responsible for the following functions: production, processing, packaging, scheduling, sanitation, quality, purchasing, safety and environmental. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
Shift available: 2nd shift, Monday - Friday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the overall activities of the manufacturing facility to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, and produced at the lowest possible cost to meet the customer's requirements while maintaining established safety and quality standards.
- Analyze plant operations and key metrics to ensure that the facility maintains high quality and safety standards as we continue to maintain our leadership position in the industry.
- Responsible for expense management and control, including shrink, labor and overhead costs utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are developed and maintained for all aspects of the business.
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
- Engage in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
- Provide management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action, and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
- Leads by example with the DFA Dairy Brands Code of Ethics. This includes following Company policies, standards, and specifications.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years' hands-on plant experience in the dairy plant or food industry operations
- Minimum of 2 years' of supervisory experience in the dairy plant or food industry operations
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Experience with Union, Safety, and Workers Compensation is preferred
- Skilled at leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures
- Demonstrated ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures; report and follow through on any deficiencies
- HACCP, SQA experience/certifications are a plus
- Ability to follow Continuous Improvement (CI) Processes in the Management Operating Structure (MOS)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, ERP systems and other analytical tools
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change
- Strong organization and prioritization abilities with keen attention to detail
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain a team of employees.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background, and criminal checks)
- Comprehensive Benefits Package available 1st of the month after start date
- 401(k) with company contribution - 100% vested on day one of eligibility
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Career growth opportunities - we promote from within!
- Service recognition and employee rewards
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work for dairy farm families
An Equal Opportunity Employer