At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Celgard where we develop and manufacture membrane battery separators that are critical components used in lithium-ion batteries for electric drive vehicles (EDVs) and energy storage systems (ESS).
General Duties of the Job:
The development technician works together with the other members of the Product Development Team to execute defined experimental programs. The development technician is also responsible for operation and maintenance of scientific instruments and pilot scale equipment. In this position, you will:
- Executes experimental product development programs in accordance with standard operating procedures, safety procedures, and environment practices
- Support and interact with Product Development Engineers to conduct various project work
- Troubleshoot and repair product development and process equipment within his/her scope of authority
- Maintains an accurate and detailed record of the experiments
- Develop JSA's, SOP's and specifications for project equipment
- Drives ESH improvements and good housekeeping standards
- Participates in technical and safety reviews for projects
- Organize and run trials on laboratory and manufacturing equipment, organize raw materials and finished products associated with these trials, and be responsible for the collection and organization of experimental and production data
- Responsible for translating best practices, operational logic, and quality control to manufacturing as products are developed, commercialized, and produced
- Responsible for sample submissions and data collection, extracting date from the QC database and other sources, and compiling data in excel spreadsheets for analysis
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- High School Diploma is required
- Associate's Degree in Engineering or a scientific discipline preferred
- Three to five years of industry experience in a manufacturing, production, or similar environment is preferred
- 2+ years of analytical work experience in a technical environment, or similar experience in plastics processing would be a plus
- Must have a stellar work ethic and the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as well as the ability to work independently
- Candidate must be self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively
- Must be able to apply analytical skills and judgement in assessing the quality of data with high attention to detail
- Must be computer literate with good communication and time management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel is required
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.