Novelis has an immediate opening for a Procurement Ops Lead. This position reports to the Sr. Manager NNA Procurement Operations Value Stream.
As a Procurement Ops Lead, you will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient supply of raw materials, direct and indirect goods, and services to the Auto Operations with a strong focus on Safety, Quality, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), and Innovation. You are also responsible for the effective management of the manufacturing unit's Sustaining Capital Expenditures. The POL - VS identifies risks to operations across the suppliers' value chains and defines mitigating actions.
At Novelis, our people are our greatest asset! We embrace diversity to see real world problems through various lenses, and make breath through technology possible. Our family oriented atmosphere encourages and enables employees and their families to give back to their communities through numerous volunteer events. We also work with non-profit partners, local schools towards making communities safer, and growing recycling by consumers. Novelis also supports Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education initiatives. We operate in a strong and encouraging environment, with opportunities to be part of our employee mentorship programs to guide you through your career.
Does this sound like your next opportunity? Apply today!
Responsibilities & QualificationsQualifications
- The POL-VS will coordinate and lead all efforts to eliminate sole source, single source supply to all Plants. This will require collaboration and coordination with Technical Services, Commercial Teams, and Quality Teams to run trials on alternative supply.
- Works with Plant Leadership and Regional & Global Procurement Teams, to meet or exceed the plants savings budget in an attempt to control spend, whilst building a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Develop an understanding of the major materials and supply flows into and out of the facility with focus on costs, supplier options, and vulnerabilities that can impact the efficiency of operations. Drive risk mitigation efforts in collaboration with other cross-functional teams to address these vulnerabilities.
- Ensures the effective and efficient supply of raw materials, direct and indirect goods, and services to the manufacturing unit
- Through continuous improvement methodologies (Value Stream Mapping, Innovation Events, etc), drives Procurement Improvements in the plants to be more efficient by streamlining and optimizing processes to minimize non-value-added task.
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, or similar, MBA a plus
- Proven experience of 5-7 years in Procurement, Engineering, Supply Chain, or Operations and influential leadership.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office; SAP and/or Oracle experience is a plus
- Experience in Negotiation and Commercial Terms Management
- Able to work cross-functionally within a Manufacturing environment
- Preference physical location is Atlanta, Georgia, near Guthrie, KY, or Oswego, NY.
Novelis' Global Corporate Headquarters is located in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta Georgia and employs approximately 250 people. It is co-located with Novelis' North America regional office which employs approximately 225 people. Supporting its 24 operations worldwide Novelis' corporate office is home to the executive leadership team and global functions that support the automotive beverage can and high-end specialties value streams. The City of Atlanta provides a diverse and family-friendly place to live with countless museums cultural organizations and educational institutions including the Georgia Aquarium Woodruff Arts Center CNN Center Georgia Tech and Mercedes-Benz Stadium. In the Atlanta area Novelis has strong community partnerships with Atlanta Habitat for Humanity GeorgiaFIRST and Agape Youth and Family Center in addition to many local museums and community groups. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.
This job has expired.