Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
The Procurement Associate, Offshore Development will support the development and execution of Invenergy's procurement, contracting, and execution strategy for its global portfolio of offshore wind projects. Responsibilities include collecting and analyzing market and pricing information, commercial negotiations, and review of technical information. The position will have the ability to participate in formulating commercial strategy, work in a multidisciplinary team, and participate in contract negotiations with external parties. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Offshore Wind Procurement
Experience and Skills
- Collaborate with internal engineering, commercial, development, permitting, project management, legal, finance, and operations teams to define the project requirements and ensure the procurement and contracting approach aligns with those requirements.
- Establish and maintain internal pricing and market intelligence databases based on continuous market research, knowledge, and trends. Build and implement tools and processes that facilitate efficient gathering, verification, analysis, and communication of this information.
- Prepare RFPs and manage the tendering process with internal and external stakeholders. Review RFP responses to ensure conformity and completeness of responses. Work with bidders to address any deficiencies.
- Work with origination, development, and engineering teams to develop competitive proposals to customers, including through the development of robust pricing proposals
- Proactively identify risks to the successful completion of Invenergy's offshore wind projects and work closely with all stakeholders to mitigate risks.
- Proactively identify opportunities to create value for the project by reducing cost, improving the schedule, optimizing design, increasing reliability, or minimizing risk
- Work with and manage external consultants as required to meet the goals and objectives of the offshore wind procurement team
- Coordinate with the project management team during project execution to identify lessons learned and ensure they are implemented into future procurement and contracting processes
- Support technical due diligence, financing, and project certification, including managing contractor participation as needed
- Participate in commercial negotiations for equipment supply, installation and project offtake contracts. Ensure that terms and conditions are in line with market expectations and align with all applicable project agreements including construction agreements and project sale agreements.
- Create, maintain, update and track documents and data related to renewable energy contracts
- Surface and resolve issues in ongoing contract negotiations and reviews
- Maintain existing commercial relationships with key equipment suppliers and endeavor to evaluate, establish, and cultivate new relationships with strategic suppliers.
- Manage both internal and external stakeholder expectations. Participate in community outreach and stakeholder events as needed.
- Attend conferences and participate in industry groups as required to stay abreast of the offshore wind market.
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline
- 3+ years of experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, bidding and contracting, project management, renewable energy engineering, or a related field
- Proven and influential verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, leadership, time management, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with and technical understanding of large-scale renewable energy projects is preferred
- A desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong skillset in MS Office products, particularly Excel, Powerpoint, Word, PowerBI, Teams, Sharepoint, OneDrive
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment alongside people with multiple interests and backgrounds.
- Some travel required.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
This job has expired.