Every day, ANDRITZ continues to deliver successful innovative solutions to our customers globally. Why are we so successful? Because we are passionate and love what we do! We are at the forefront of future engineering technologies, with solutions that ensure the success of our clients in key industries that are shaping the future of the world we live in.
Responsible for startup, performance, and maintenance of the process engineering group test equipment. This equipment includes centrifuge, screw press, filter press, belt filter press, drum dryer, paddle dryer and other ANDRITZ separation technologies. Supports process engineers in testing of equipment in the laboratory, pilot operation and on-site demonstration services. Also assists scheduling of test equipment in conjunction with process manager.
- Maintain ANDRITZ Demonstration / Pilot Equipment including Decanter Centrifuge, Peeler Centrifuge, Filter Press, Drum Dryer, Pusher Centrifuge, and others.
- Clean equipment after use and verify and prepare equipment for next test.
- Help repair and maintain ancillary equipment including pumps, vacuum systems, air compressors, hoses, blowers, boilers, etc.
- Travel to test site and participate in on-site demo tests with pilot equipment possibly with process engineer.
- Keep schedule of pilot equipment location, state of operation and repair, and future tests.
- Maintain and stock needed repair and wear items for pilot equipment including filter fabrics, seals, hoses, pumps (vacuum, liquid).
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems on pilot and ancillary equipment.
- Conduct on-site laboratory testing and dewatering evaluations as required.
- Up to 50% travel may be required.
Basic Experience and Education
- Conduct, or ability to learn, basic laboratory analysis (Solids Content, pH, Conductivity).
- Maintain and clean test equipment/utensils.
- Keep stock of necessary laboratory and other test supplies.
- Help with OSHA, SDS and other safety programs.
Preferred Experience and Education
- High School Diploma.
- Good mechanical aptitude and skills. Ability to use most hand and power tools.
- Basic Electrical Skills (Power cables, 120V, 480V, reading voltmeter)
- Current in PC skills: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Wastewater/Water Treatment Plant, Chemical Plant, Mining Maintenance, or other Industrial Technician background.
- Experience in repair and maintenance of pumps, centrifuges, filtration, or other dewatering separation equipment.
- Experience in installing, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems.
- The physical demands of this position require the ability to walk, sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be physically able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and have the dexterity to bend and stoop for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders and maintain balance on catwalks and platforms.
- Make visual inspections with precise hand and finger movements, with reasoning and problem-solving ability.
- Will be working with water and wastewater treatment liquids.
Reports to Process Manager Interfaces with Market and Sales Managers, Engineering, Representatives, Consultants, Customers, Laboratory and Demo personnel. Interacts with Process Engineering for support.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 8198 Nearest Major Market:
Arlington Texas Nearest Secondary Market:
This job has expired.