Valid USA is a secure, make-it-happen partner. We are a global company with a market capitalization of more than $1 billion and 6,000 associates worldwide. Our job is to ensure every solution is seamless and secure - whether it's for big data, payment cards, government issued identification, mobile financial services or highly targeted direct marketing campaign management. Our website is www.valid.com.
Valid has an outstanding opportunity for a Process Engineer in our Bolingbrook manufacturing facility. The Process Engineer is responsible for providing hands-on process improvements using a combination of Engineering and Lean skill sets to support our key performance indicators of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Innovation. Responsible for the technical components of quality in card manufacturing and services. Plans, directs and carries out work flow design and R&D assignments.
What will you do?
What are we looking for?
- Drive the advancement of manufacturing operational processes and material replenishment systems to meet customer pull demands.
- Optimize systems, flow creation, equipment performance and resources. Lead the tactical efforts towards the achievement of the strategic plan objectives.
- Drive the promotion and facilitation of Lean events supporting the entire value chain.
- Develop, enhance, and implement systems that increase efficiency and optimize all phases of service or production processes, from design to manufacturing.
- Oversee, and directly participate in, process design projects, and ensure the efficient and safe functioning of all the processes related to producing a product, substance, or service.
- Conduct problem solving exercises, including root cause analysis, corrective action, and preventive action implementation for plant operations, utilizing the following:
- Visual Management systems
- Sustainment of 5S
- Variation Reduction - SPC implementation; supporting Cpk goals
- Set Up Reduction - SMED methodologies
- Waste Reduction
- Optimizing Inventory Control/Kanban System
- Line Balancing and Flow Creation
- Gemba utilization, including leading huddles
- Evaluate existing processes, suggest measures for improvement and configure manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability, boost productivity, quality, and profitability, and develop best practices within the production process.
- Implement methods and process designs, create prototypes, conduct tests, and make necessary modifications where required.
- Consult with suppliers and vendors and make recommendations relating to materials used in the manufacturing process.
- Analyze facility layout, equipment requirements and work flow, and develop plant layouts for improvement of workflow, security and safety.
- Oversee installation and start-up of new equipment and processes.
- Provide technical input to production and customer.
- Assist with the functions in the Incoming Quality Inspection and R&D Test Lab.
- Develop programs and processes to improve the performance of cards manufactured.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What we offer:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline and/or a combination of college education and Engineering experience totaling five (5) years.
- Must have proven team leadership facilitation skill sets
- Practitioner of Six Sigma concepts, or Six Sigma certification.
- Process/Manufacturing Engineering experience in an industrial environment.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of general engineering software solutions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with inventory control programs.
- Strong practical skills within a Lean manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Experience with various manufacturing process technologies.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing equipment and systems.
- Lives the Continuous Improvement culture and can drive change.
- Passionate about Lean and the attainment of key initiatives.
- Strong data-driven process and system methodologies.
- Ability to hold self and others accountable.
- Enjoys plant level, hands-on involvement in the improvement process.
- Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month following date of hire and include a choice of 4 medical plan options under BCBS, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(k), two weeks of vacation, 6 additional days of paid time off and paid holidays.