Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
This position is for a Process Controls Engineer that will be based in Tonawanda, NY and will be responsible for the support of process control and monitoring systems for air separation facilities as well as CO2 facilities in the Northeast and Southeast region of LG US.
- The successful candidate will provide primary control system hardware/software support, instrumentation, and process engineering/optimization to a variety of field personnel including Operations Technicians, Instrument Technicians, and various members of Operations management. This role includes tasks such as training, troubleshooting, supporting various environmental regulations & reports, root cause analysis, and preventative/corrective maintenance focusing on all areas of the advanced control system.
- The position will execute small scale engineering projects. Performs project engineering maintenance and project work from design to implementation in accordance with Praxair policies. Participates as a key contributor on project and technical teams and may provide technical guidance to others as assigned. Works independently and makes technical decisions based on full awareness of viability, cost and other benefits. Develops and implements innovative solutions.
- This position requires a basic understanding of a continuous chemical production process, proficiency with process control content of P&I diagrams and working knowledge of schematic wiring diagrams, primary instrumentation background with experience with control system electrical and instrumentation components (valves, analyzers, field sensors, control panels, etc.). The successful candidate will demonstrate significant technical independence, excellent project management skills and leadership in development of control system application and safety standards. This role will have off-hours support as necessary to resolve issues during non-working hours and holidays with 10% travel the norm. The successful candidate will report to the Operations Engineering Controls Team Lead that is based out of the Linde Technology Center in Tonawanda, NY.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree with 3-5 years of experience, or equivalent work experience.
- Basic understanding of a continuous chemical production process.
- Practical application experience with Allen-Bradley PLC5 or Control Logix control systems.
- Practical application experience with Siemens control systems.
- HMI experience related to GE iFix or Wonderware
- Proficiency with process control content of P&I diagrams.
- Experience with control system electrical and instrumentation components (valves, analyzers, field sensors, control panels, etc.).
- Working knowledge of primary instrumentation.
- Proficiency with Schematic Wiring Diagrams.
- Background with air separation processes
- Background with control system support and maintenance of PLC based systems for real
- time operations.
- Advanced process troubleshooting experience.
- Practical application experience with the GE Fanuc iFIX operator interface
- Practical Networking experience including LAN/WAN/Router configuration background.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.