The Principal Analyst is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, implementation, and leading department assignments with minimal direction from leadership. This position operates within broad objectives to ensure optimum utilization of manpower and budget. This role research, compiles, and analyzes appropriate and relevant data to identify opportunities to recommend and drive executionof process efficiencies in assigned business units to achieve targeted levels of improvement in key operational performance metrics for MA and ACA lines of business.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of multiple concurrent projects/programs that encompass business process design and improvement.
- Supports various initiatives in requirements definition, documentation of current and future state business capabilities, process development, process flows, training, and internal/external communications.
- Performs process verification/validation audits and presents findings and actionable recommendations.
- Researches, analyzes, identifies, and evaluates data from assigned problems to evaluate existing and potential trends and issues.
- Possesses and maintains comprehensive knowledge of MA or ACA business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, member, Claims, CMS response files etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles/methodologies.
- Assists in monitoring initiatives, outcomes, and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters with minimal guidance from leadership.
- Designs, develops, tests, and delivers solutions comprising of components, reports, and data stores per requested deliverable directions with minimal guidance from leadership.
- Designs performance feedback systems to assess the resolution of business process deficiencies and installs appropriate controls.
- Accountable for supporting business teams to identify and deliver significant and quantifiable business improvements through the application of lean, six sigma, and/or other process improvement methodologies.
- Provides expertise in analytical methodology, including data analysis, used to facilitate data driven decision making, including the collection, and monitoring of metrics used to assess, prioritize, and select improvement projects.
- Benchmarks industry best practices to measure organization position.
- Consults, develops, and ensures compliance in the use of competitive production and performance standards.
- Initiates and leads problem solving efforts working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads in the research, analysis, identification, and evaluation of data from assigned problems to evaluate existing and potential trends and issues.
- Possesses and maintains an extensive comprehensive knowledge of Advantasure business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles/methodologies.
- Manages and monitors multiple projects simultaneously by establishing project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
- Develops lines of communication to discuss/review results of analysis to management via reports/presentations and assists management in implementing programs that provide solutions.
- Investigates, reviews, recommends, communicates, and implements solutions which identify problems/root cause of issues.
- Identifies and resolves challenges in order to fulfill key corporate objectives and responds to the demands of change management and initiates actions needed to plan, organize, and control team activities.
- Independently develops and plans reports, papers, and/or other materials in a clear and concise manner.
- Provides expertise and guidance to unit and corporate staff as required.
- Acts as a liaison between corporate business areas and participates in group or committee discussions.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Health Care, Information Systems, Statistics, or a related field. Master's degree in a related field is preferred. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Seven years experience in a related field, typically in two subject areas (e.g. process improvement, project planning, health care economics, health care policy, statistical modeling, business decisions, analysis, or business management). Proven experience required in operational analysis, data analysis, and problem resolution type activities. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Excellent analytical, planning, problem solving, verbal, and written skills to communicate complex ideas.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to effectively multi-task in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Ability to lead and facilitate cross functional teams and team meetings.
- Excellent working knowledge of project management disciplines and methods.
- Excellent execution in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Administer and adhere to corporate and departmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Excellent ability to learn new technology, techniques, and processes.
- Experience working in Healthcare Membership, provider, Claims subject areas.
- Excellent knowledge and use of existing software packages (Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience working in Azure cloud technologies (Data Lake, Azure data factory, Synapse)
- Experience working with AI/ML technologies and create data driven models
- Experience working on building processes to run/operate self-served reporting tools
- Experience working with ETL tools like SSIS
- Excellent knowledge of data languages such as SQL, .net, T-Sql, Python.
- Affirmation from leadership based upon delivered MA or ACA solutions.
- Excellent understanding of and ability to apply statistical inference.
- Excellent ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Excellent ability to write reports and correspondence. Excellent ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Excellent ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Excellent ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Excellent ability to develop project management, meeting process, and presentation skills.
- Excellent ability to work independently, within a team environment, and communicate effectively with employees and clients at all levels.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
Work is performed in an office setting or remotely from home with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.