Are you looking for a new position where you can make an immediate impact at a Fortune 250 Company? Do you have strong background in Employee Relations and a passion to collaborate with leaders and talented team members? C.H. Robinson is seeking a Principal Employee Relations Specialist to consult on complex employee relations issues, execute processes, and solve problems. In this dynamic role, you will use your knowledge of HR and employment law combined with business understanding to proactively support our business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide comprehensive employee relations consultation to managers and employees by having a deep understanding of legal regulations, company policies and procedures, and CH Robinson values, educating and counseling to ensure compliance with federal and state employment laws.
- Consult with employees, managers, executives, various internal departments, and Human Resources about complex employee issues and provide solutions. This includes policy and performance management issues that may result in coaching, discipline, terminations and/or investigations.
- Review internal processes and make recommendations for improvements. Drive solutions that are compliant while supporting business objectives and goals.
- Proactively stay up to date on employment laws (both state and federal) and ensure C.H. Robinson's policies and processes are in alignment.
- Expertly investigate compliance issues and recommend action based on findings while keeping accurate and appropriate documentation. Interact with organization leaders and influence recommended outcomes.
- Respond to EEOC and various state requests for information.
- Use functional expertise to develop proactive strategies to enhance C.H. Robinson's work environment.
- Regularly assess case management data for trend analysis review; work with appropriate stakeholders to address any issues as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Employee Relations
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestically)
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources
- Ability to develop strong relationships and partner with managers, executives, and other Human Resources departments
- Proven conflict resolution skills
- Strong influencing skills and business savvy
- High degree of confidentiality
- Analytical skills and ability to use data to drive decision making
- Ability to create new or review and update existing processes
- Ability to make recommendations at all levels of the organization
- Understanding of employment law and how to apply law to company policy
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation/communication proficiency
- Strong problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Project management experience
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
This job has expired.