Do you desire to be the subject matter expert? Do you want to work in the growing power quality/mission critical/data center related markets? If so, we have a need for a Principal Design Engineer. Apply today!
Provide technical consultation and leadership in addition to performing engineering and project management activities in the areas of product design, development, troubleshooting, application, manufacturing, monitoring and service.
- Provide engineering leadership and technical consultation to all departments within the Uninterruptible Power Supply Division (UPSD) with an emphasis on supporting the UPSD Engineering, Quality and Service departments.
- Lead significant engineering projects involving participation and coordination with other groups.
- Represent the Company to customers, vendors, MELCO and TMEIC personnel.
- Conduct customer and employee training for UPSD products and technology.
- Create and provide advanced technical training for MEPPI employees on technology, and core skill sets.
- Consult on and/or review UPSD development programs and plans.
- Participate on standards committees and provide MEPPI feedback as necessary.
- Provide technical support specific to product performance, testing and troubleshooting techniques such as root cause analysis and failure mode evaluation analysis.
- Support UPSD with customer technical specification review, customer presentations, and contract negotiations involving technical issues.
- Define, review, develop and issue Standard Operating Procedures, Quality System Procedures and required design and quality practices and standards. Coordinating efforts across departments as required.
- Design and develop peripherals and other local components for local manufacture in cooperation with TMEIC, as needed.
- Mentor other Design Engineering staff.
- Further the goals and positive, professional image of the Division through interaction with other MEPPI departments and vendors.
- Know MEPPI's Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies. Be able to fully discuss the importance of these policies and how they impact work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum 10 years of experience in a design engineering capacity, or equivalent education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge in troubleshooting electrical systems, providing solutions and root cause reports.
- Advanced knowledge of power electronics and inverter based technologies.
- Advanced interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required to communicate with customers, employees and suppliers.
- Ability to work in a team environment and on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to read, understand and create technical drawings and material.
- Advanced analytical and problems solving skills.
- Advanced computer knowledge, with emphasis on MS Office products, CAD software, and ERP/MRP systems.
#powerelectronics #missioncritical #datacenter
This job has expired.