Primarily responsible for approval, completion and processing mail audits; processing adjustments and reviewing phone and physical audits as determined by the Senior Premium Analyst or staff field auditor in a multi functional business unit. Provides direct customer service via phone, fax, and e-mail to internal and external customers including, but not limited to; Business Development Consultants and Service Center representatives, Finance, , and other Premium Audit staff, as well as agents, attorneys, NCCI / regulatory bureaus, and policyholders.
• Analyze, research, approve, complete and process mail audits.
• Review phone and physical audits for audit findings which need to be communicated to relevant internal staff, including but not limited to Business Development, Worksafe Consulting Services, and Claims to amend the policy accordingly.
• Analyze, research, approve, complete and process the following audit adjustment types: waive, mail, phone, and physical audits. When an adjustment is denied, notify the parties involved.
• Make necessary customer contacts to an insured, accountant, or agent to gather sufficient information to ensure the classifications are correctly applied on the audit/audit adjustment. Identify correct classifications on the audit by using PAAS, NCCI, and other applicable web tools.
• Analyze, research and communicate policy changes and omissions to relevant internal staff that include, but are not limited to, payroll, class codes, entity, states, Federal/Risk IDs, addresses, officers, endorsements, as a result of audit findings while completing the audit/audit adjustment.
• Manage workflow inventory within PAM to achieve specific time service goals.
• Train and mentor the Premium Analyst I and Premium Audit Technician.
• Compose written correspondence, as appropriate.
• Maintain confidentiality of information processed.
• Work with minimum supervision.
This description identifies the responsibilities typically associated with the performance of the job. The percentage of time in any responsibility may vary between positions. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
A. EDUCATION REQUIRED:
B. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One year as a Premium Analyst I with demonstrated superior technical audit processing skills. Three years technical or administrative office experience including relevant audit or payroll duties in an insurance organization or three years demonstrated experience of the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities for the position, may be considered.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Insurance, Finance or related field with progress towards or completion of Insurance Institute of America (IIA) or other insurance related designation(s)
One year as a Premium Analyst I with demonstrated superior technical audit processing skills.
Two years technical or administrative office experience including relevant audit or payroll duties in an insurance organization or two years demonstrated experience of the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities for the position, may be considered.
C. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
• Ability to work effectively in a multi functional business unit.
• Possesses knowledge in the concepts and application of underwriting rules, procedures, state manual rules and Workers' Compensation classifications in multiple states.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines.
• Basic knowledge of computers, word processing, and spreadsheet software with accurate input ability of 40 wpm with ability to use 10-key.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to proofread documents for accuracy of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
• Basic math skills.
• Proficient knowledge of payroll reports, payroll tax returns, tax forms and supporting documentation.
• Ability to think proactively and independently with a long-term perspective in addressing clients'/customers' needs.
• Understand and actively engage in the identification of solutions for multiple or cross-functional business areas. Has an understanding of the direction of the overall industry and evaluates the impact on own area of responsibility.
D. ADDITIONAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND/OR ABILITIES PREFERRED:
• Progress towards or completion of Insurance Institute of America (IIA) or other insurance-related designation(s) such as an Associate in Premium Audit (APA) or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU).
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
Basic Windows, Basic Word, Basic Excel, Reading Comprehension, 10-key, Typing 40 WPM, Math, and Proofreading.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!
Posted about 1 hour ago
San Francisco, California
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago