Primarily responsible for transaction processing of premium and policy information to provide for proper policy issuance and maintenance. Provides support to both internal and external customers. Within letter of authority processes policy changes. Contacts include Service Center staff, Premium Audit, Finance, Claims, Business Development, agents, and policyholders.
This description identifies the responsibilities typically associated with the performance of the job. The percentage of time in any responsibility may vary between positions. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
A. EDUCATION REQUIRED: (Brief paragraph detailing the minimum education required, including certifications) Do not state preferred qualifications.
High School Diploma, G.E.D. with advanced training or college-level coursework in business or insurance.
Additional Education for PPR II:
- Utilize multiple internal and external sources to perform new business quality checks to verify accuracy of new business prior to issuance of policy.
- Issue new business in processing system for multiple brands.
- Processes policy changes in various systems for multiple brands that include, but is not limited to payroll, class codes, credits, Federal/Risk IDs, addresses, Officers, endorsements, and audit frequency changes.
- Produce manual forms and letters by identifying necessary information and completing appropriate template(s).
- Provides customer service by responding to telephone inquiries from policyholders and provide support through the Operator lines.
- Processes corrections to policy and premium information.
- Processes policy cancellations and reinstatements.
- Reviews and identifies errors/omissions takes corrective action or forwards to the appropriate person.
- Supports appropriate response to State Bureaus, NCCI, and internal and external audit inquiries.
ADDITIONAL PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PPR II:
- Perform complex, multiple day, out of sequence processing.
- Perform complex cancel re-writes (all types).
- Perform interim audit onset/offset correction process.
- Provides customer service by responding to telephone inquiries from policyholders and provide support through the Policy Inquiry and the Operator lines.
- Create customer correspondence as needed.
- Complete system implementation impact lists as well as compliance updates.
- Works with minimum supervision.
Associates degree in insurance or related field with progress towards or completion of insurance institute of America (IIA) or other insurance-related designation(s). Combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
B. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of two years general office experience including data processing in multiple systems. Relevant customer service experience exchanging information and answering basic inquiries is required.
Additional Experience for PPR II:
Minimum of two years general office or insurance experience. Relevant customer service experience exchanging information and answering basic inquiries is required.
One year of related experience in processing of insurance policies (policy issuance, premium and non premium bearing endorsements etc.,) OR equivalent experience that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities.
C. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Ability to work effectively in a multi functional, multi state business unit.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Basic knowledge word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge of business software or applications.
- Ability to proofread documents for accuracy of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to enter alpha/numeric data accurately.
- Knowledge of multi-line telephone system.
Additional Skills/Knowledge/abilities of PPR II:
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal workflows.
- Experience with policy processing systems.
- Thorough knowledge of policy process sequence.
- Ability to recognize process modifications for unique requests.
D. ADDITIONAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND/OR ABILITIES PREFERRED:
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
Intermediate Windows, Basic Word, Basic Excel, Reading Comprehension, Proofreading, Math, Alpha Numeric
This job has expired.