The Process Engineer role is primarily responsible for establishing, maintaining and improving standards on all process flow equipment.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Experience, Educational and Technical Qualifications
- Develops optimum bottle process for all lines, by performing basic troubleshooting, making process adjustments and repairs on machinery, and performing necessary setting adjustments on equipment.
- Ensures that all molds and molding machines run at maximum performance.
- Involved in the change over process with a focus on product quality and repeatability.
- Establishes processes set up sheets and process charts for new and current products.
- Works with the Quality Manager on product qualifications, including trial runs and action plans that relate to production machinery and process.
- Integrate and maintain automated process data collection systems.
- Participates individually or on cross-functional teams focused on relentless continuous improvement and problem solving activities throughout the company. May require traveling to other locations.
- Assist with equipment troubleshooting, repair, installation, change-over, and PM as necessary.
- Trains team members and other department employees.
- Integrate and maintain automated alarming systems notifying the plant of down equipment.
- Research, justify and implement cost saving projects that focus on safety, quality and sustainability.
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives in OEE, SMED, and sustainability.
- Monitor equipment downtime and operator reports and lead Root Cause Analysis initiatives to eliminate downtime or equipment variation.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance and ongoing improvement of food safety, food defense, and quality systems to ensure compliance with third-party food safety standard guidelines (e.g. SQF or AIB).
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred candidate has Associates degree in Technology, Electrical, Electronics, Electro-Mechanical or certification in a similar technical area.
Must have excellent knowledge of SPC, plastics, electrical, electronic hydraulics, mechanical and pneumatic functions.
Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Must have and be able to demonstrate intermediate math skills.
Must have ability to read blueprints and be able to use precision measuring/inspection equipment.
Requires leadership and excellent interpersonal skills to provide training to team members and other department employees.#LI-140047941_BH1
Ring Container Technologiesis an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Ring to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information.