Location: Austin, TX
Calling all Registered PT folks in the Austin, TX area!
The Registered Physical Therapist (PT) provides highly advanced therapeutic services in Physical Therapy. The Therapist performs and interprets assessments and renders clinical and consultative services to consumers. The Therapist plans, develops, and implements complex physical therapy programs and treatment protocols to treat, improve, or maintain the individual's level of health and function. The Therapist performs monitoring and tracking and trending of data pertaining to services and devices; performs staff training and mentoring; and participates in treatment planning and collaboration. The Therapist participates in quality assurance and quality enhancement activities related to provision of therapeutic services at the facility and State level (as requested). The Therapist may plan, assign and supervise the work of departmental staff, including clinical supervision of Physical Therapy Assistant(s). This position may oversee the coordination of the student internships or other educational/programs and may conduct research in therapeutic outcomes/practice. The Therapist works independently with minimal supervision with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and judgment.
Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
1. Performs or oversees evaluation, treatment, clinical services and specialized modalities utilized in the treatment of individuals with multiple physical disabilities and medical conditions. Plans, develops and implements complex physical treatment protocols to treat, improve, or maintain consumer's level of health and function. Reviews and analyzes assessments, progress reports, incident reports, and medical consults and participates in quality assurance and quality enhancement activities related to provision of therapeutic services. (50%)
2. Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of others such as a Physical Therapy Assistant and/or Physical Therapy Technician/Aide. (15%)
4. Completes all required documentation and progress notes according to CMS, SASH and Rehabilitation Therapies Department policy. Writes, reviews and analyzes assessments, progress reports, incident reports, and medical consults. Maintains open and regular communication with the other departments, and administration to ensure the transfer of needed information and continuity of services. (20%)
5. Maintains therapeutic equipment and safety standards of physical therapy treatment area. (10%)
6. Oversees the coordination of the student internships' programs. Participates in hospital committees as assigned. Performs other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency's obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location. (5%)
List the licensure, certification, or registration required to perform this job:
Must have a license to practice Physical Therapy in the state of Texas.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to performance in this position:
- Knowledge of the principles of clinical therapeutic evaluation and treatment and their application to the treatment of individuals with cognitive and mental health diagnoses.
- Knowledge of current evidenced based Physical therapy practice as well as Physical Therapy professional code of ethics and practice standards.
- Knowledge of methods of developing rapport in a manner which fosters dignity, trust and cooperation.
- Knowledge of proper body mechanics to carry various sizes of therapeutic equipment and for completion of safe transport and transfers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written form and verbally.
- Ability to produce reports, progress notes and assessments utilizing computer technology.
- Ability to work well with staff, foster the team process, and assume leadership role as indicated.
- Skill in the use of rehabilitation and orthopedic equipment, materials, and tools and in the repair of rehabilitation therapy equipment.
- Ability to perform assessments, develop programs, administer therapy programs, and to coordinate program activities.