Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization!
GHD has a great opportunity for a Treatment Expert to lead our Emerging Contaminants Practice in North America! Our teams specialize in environmental science and engineering, waste management and water and are supported by our full service engineering design centers. Your primary task would be leading teams and projects in the environment space, specifically related to investigation and remediation. This position can be based in most GHD office location in the U.S. GHD supports a hybrid work model. Remote work may also be an option.
Key responsibilities will include:
What you will bring to the team:
- Provide Senior Technical Leadership with emerging contaminants, including per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS)
- Externally lead GHD's emerging contaminants field, focusing on support and preparation of peer-reviewed publications (journal articles, presentations, etc.) and attendance at relevant conferences
- Supporting strategic pursuits, including growth in both the Private and Public Sectors, as well as the Federal Sector
- Provide Senior Technical Leadership in project delivery, e.g. Providing senior review to technical environmental reports and assistance to Project Managers through preparation of scope, schedules and budgets
- Contribute to business planning to identify opportunities to grow GHD's market share
- Grow and maintain client relationships
- Work within multi-disciplinary project teams, providing environmental advice to other GHD teams
- Opportunity to work on local, national, and global projects, which may at times entail supporting multiple GHD office locations
- Support and mentor junior team members in a learning and collaborative environment
- Significant experience with emerging contaminants including PFAS
- Demonstrated industry leading knowledge relative to emerging contaminants and remediation; specifically authoring within peer-reviewed journals and presentations at relevant conferences
- Experience in the technical delivery of investigations, management plans, environmental impact assessments
- Experience or willingness to manage clients and communications with regulators
- Understanding of emerging contaminant environmental legislation throughout North America
- Strong commitment to client service excellence
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational and presentation skills
- Advanced Degree in chemistry, geology, environmental science, environmental engineering, or discipline relevant to environmental site assessment or remediation
- Minimum 15-20 years-experience, including 3 to 5 with PFAS or other emerging contaminants
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with GHD's US vaccination policy and any applicable government regulations related to COVID-19. Individuals hired for GHD positions that require in-person interactions with GHD Clients, or in-person visits to, or work at, GHD Clients sites, must comply with Client imposed requirements, including, in some instances, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. GHD complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
This job has expired.