Merakey is currently seeking a Peer Support Specialist to join our Adult Behavioral Health Division in our Hammond, LA location.
As a member of the Assertive Community Treatment Team or the Forensic Assertive Community Treatment Team, the Peer Specialist acts as a team player and shares in the responsibility of carrying out rehabilitation and support functions and assisting in treatment, substance abuse services, education, support and consultation to under the clinical supervision of staff with professional degrees. The Peer specialist will serve as a role model and advocate in the areas of entitlements, self efficacy, empowerment, and daily activities.
Coach program participants on how to develop and practice skills needed to achieve goals outlined in their recovery plan and for maintaining personal wellness.
• Teach self-advocacy skills.
• Willing to share his or her own recovery experience while being aware that each person's road to recovery is unique.
• Participate in team meetings and promote a recovery perspective.
• Keep team and supervisors informed of problematic issues, obstacles, and accomplishments experienced by individuals in working toward their respective recovery goals.
• Initiate and complete WRAP plans
• Support individuals in the performance of ADLs
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
The work of Merakey is anchored in the firm belief that it is every individual's right to achieve growth, dignity, and fulfillment in their lives. Surrounding professional staff with the best in technology and supports, Merakey is a leader in the industry and remains committed to helping people...one individual at a time.
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER