TSI provides trusted measurement, application guidance, and data analytics solutions that enable our global customers to make informed decisions. We are creating a better world by helping protect people, products and the environment, as well as by optimizing research and industrial processes. We hire curious, collaborative, and critical thinkers. Explore TSI careers!
- Corporate Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jTodAmTitQ
The PCB designer works with engineers to finalize schematics, create form fitting PCB designs and assembly package files. This position requires gaining experience with high speed signal routing, critical power component placement, low noise analog circuitry, and EMC prevention techniques. The PCB designer must consistently demonstrate a quick learning curve and attention to detail for new complex designs and technologies. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Import/Process designs from multiple platforms including Allegro, OrCad, PCAD, and Altium.
- Create/Update project schematics and correct errors.
- Construct schematic symbols, construct PCB footprints and process parts through SAP.
- Create and maintain parts in OrCAD CIP database.
- Work with Electrical Engineers to define high speed nets, spacing requirements and component placement.
- Demonstrate critical placement and routing techniques on complex high speed and analog PCBs.
- Inspect and correct routing errors with HyperLynx DRC.
- Attend placement and PCB routing design reviews.
- Generate Pro-E board models for mechanical assemblies, connector outlines and shrink wrap PCA design files.
- Work with Mechanical Engineers to ensure form and fit of PCAs.
- Generate Gerber, assembly drawings, BOMs and documentation required for assembly.
- Answer assembler question relating to PCB layout and assembly.
- Archive and revise project files in SAP.
- Identify tools and processes to improve work flow.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt quickly to new designs and concepts.
- Interact effectively with cross functional groups.
- Complete other assignments and special projects as requested.
- 2 year Electronic Technology certificate
- 7+ years as a PCB Designer using a CAD
- Excellent computer skills. Proficiency required in using all core Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including active listening.
- 2 year Electronic Technology AAS Degree
- 5+ years using Allegro
- 5+ years using PCAD
- 5+ years using OrCAD PCB
- 3+ years using Pro-E
- 3+ years using HyperLynx DRC
- 5+ years using Altium
All offers of employment in the U.S., where legally permitted, are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine + 14 days) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption / reasonable accommodation from the vaccine requirement.
Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship. We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
TSI provides trusted measurement, application guidance, and data analytics solutions that enable our global customers to make informed decisions. We are creating a better world by helping protect people, products and the environment, as well as by optimizing research and industrial processes.Nearest Major Market:
Minneapolis Job Segment:
CAD, Drafting, ERP, SAP, Engineer, Engineering, Technology
This job has expired.