Schedule: Per diem 12 hours. 7:00 am - 7:30 pm, every other weekend
The Patient Access Officer performs and prioritizes the registration of patients in order to provide support to the Emergency Department and other areas.
Responsibiities include but are not limited to:
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of demographic information and accuracy, completeness and verification of insurance information in all parts of the job.
- Maintains smooth patient flow and minimal wait time for the patients and ED clinical staff.
- Maintains knowledge of Patient Access updates and regulations be reviewing policy/procedures, email notifications, and team One-Note on a regular basis.
- Fast paced, often stressful environment due to nature of patient visits to the ED
- Alternately standing, sitting and walking back and forth within the ED department
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is at its best when every employee feels equal, included, empowered, and respected. When our employees feel supported our patients benefit from their transparency, creativity, and innovation, because we're all in this together. And together, we all thrive.
If you're looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it homeQualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Previous hospital registration experience preferred
- Staff adheres to all I C.A.R.E. Standards
- Demonstrates ability to comprehend verbal and written direction
- Ability to work as a team member with registration and ED clinical staff
- Ability to work in a fast paced, often stressful environment
- Basic computer skills
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee's protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.