How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Patient Access Services (PAS) Transformation Manager is largely responsible to act as innovative change agent leader collaborating with key stakeholders and leading teams to achieve higher standards of performance. The Patient Access Services Transformation Manager will be expected to move Patient Access projects forward on a succinct timeline and will be responsible for communication of findings to promote change adoption. Establishes with supporting depts. the communication and plans/effective education process to align buy in with implementation efforts.
The PAS Transformation Manager will lead multiple project workstreams for multiple clients, small engagement teams or components of large, complex engagements. Is responsible for project execution, delivery, and periodic reporting according to assigned projects and new/improved processes. This role includes both administrative (organizational) and strategic (consultative) responsibilities for managing projects/initiatives.
The PAS Transformation Manager will be asked to execute a variety of challenging engagements, making significant contributions in a relatively short time. The PAS Transformation Manager will take responsibility for the way time is managed, and the development of their individual skill set, while delivering creative, innovative, compelling insights to the client and assisting in problem solving and issue resolution.
Required Minimum Education:
Preferred Education: Preferred Minimum Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or related field required.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Four to eight years of industry and/or consulting experience in provider relations, revenue cycle (specifically Patient Access Services) process improvement, implementation/redesign, data mining and detailed analytics.
- Performance improvement and change management experience.
Epic Grand Central, Cadence and /or Prelude preferred.
- Project Management experience.
Preferred Leadership Qualities
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and writing skills.
Superior verbal and written communication skills, project management, organization, prioritization, and follow-up skills.
- Must be comfortable interacting with department Directors and Executives and able to perform a wide variety of tasks that require independent judgement, ingenuity, and initiative.
- Proficient with MS office.
Demonstrates professionalism, effective communication skills and active listening skills.
- Strong financial and business expertise along with critical thinking skills.
- Exhibited skills in critical thinking, problem identification and resolution. Must be a team player.
- Demonstrate attention to detail. Work independently.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, particularly related to analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting large data files.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and addressing hospital and physician revenue cycle needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement.
- Project workflow, budgets, billing, and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
Required Minimum Certification:
- Drive: Capacity to channel energy to achieve personal and professional goals with a focus on continual innovation and improvement.
- Intellectual Acumen: Strong desire to continually search for new information and the ability to adapt to new situations. Desire for continuous learning and can think in a multi-faceted way to achieve results.
- Relationships: Ability to establish and develop relationships and understand the value of effective communication. Courage to seek and ask the right questions and to recognize and understand the importance of listening and building trust.
- Focus: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires results. Ability to accept, adapt, and drive continuous improvement, change, and innovation
- At least one of the following: Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA), Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM), Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR), , or Certified Healthcare Financial Professional (CHFP).
Preferred: (CHAM), (CHFP), Project Management (PMP) or Lean Certification.
Other: Mandatory completion of:
- The HFMA Certified Specialist Business Intelligence (CSBI) or Certified Specialist Physician Practice Management (CSPPM) must be obtained within 120 days of hire, and Six Sigma Green Belt status must be attained within one calendar year of hire.
Patient Access Services (PAS) Operations Onboarding Training and Revenue Cycle Transformation Training followed by a minimum passing score of 90% on final exam within 45 days of hire. Staff who do not pass will no longer meet the minimum requirement and will subsequently have the option to meet with the Talent Acquisition Specialist to assess other positions available within the health system.
PAS employees who successfully complete the PAS onboarding exam will have the option to progress through enrollment to the WHS Enterprise Membership - HFMA Certification program, subject to PAS leadership approval.
We'd like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we'll help you make the most of all life's moments - on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it's pretty simple - we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients' lives... and your own! Here, it's more than healthcare - it's CareerCare!