The PACS/RIS Administrator is responsible for the daily operation, management, and improvement of work processes in Radiology, and, as needed, for Breast Imaging, related to the computer systems used to support Radiology operations. These systems include PACS, RIS, Voice Recognition and others that may be used in the department. This position requires a healthcare/healthcare IT background for assisting in system selection, configuration, conversion, implementation, security and on-going utilization of the applications. This person functions as the primary contact for operational issues and provides training for end users.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs, and may direct the activities of all operator functions, for ensuring on-time and accurate data processing.
- Generates statistical reports on utilization, compliance, and other metrics.
- Performs, as needed, Charge Capture reconciliation, requesting new procedure codes and ensuring correct charges are applied to accounts.
- Acts as a liaison between programming departments and vendors as required to participate in system upgrades, planning, testing, troubleshooting, validation and implementations.
- Monitors system activities and resources, diagnoses system hardware and software problems, performs monitor calibrations, validates computer workstations, resolves problems according to established policies and procedures. Places equipment service calls to the respective vendors, including appropriate follow-up.
- Provides recommendations on new technology, software/hardware upgrades and equipment
- Coordinates end user access provides training and technical support to operations personnel, physicians, and other end users as needed.
- Provides on call support, on rotational basis to multiple facilities, or provides on-call assistance as needed.
- Coordinates and leads groups focusing on patient safety, customer service, performance improvement, environment of Care, Employee Engagement, Physician Engagement, Quality Improvement, Inter-Departmental Relations, etc.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Advanced computer skills, including but not limited to: expertise with required software applications, data entry and reporting, information security, electronic medical documentation.
- Able to take call, if required.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of Experience