Zoetis is the world's largest Manufacturer and Supplier of Animal Pharmaceuticals.
At Zoetis in Lincoln, NE, we manufacture high quality medicines for dogs, cats, and livestock. Our plant has been recognized as one of the Nebraska's Safest Companies, with a long-standing presence in Lincoln and we continue to grow.
Great Health Benefits from day 1!
4 weeks accrued paid vacation and 13 paid holidays
401(k) match with company profit sharing
Education and Experience
- Complete all job tasks following written SOP's, GMP's and Zoetis Quality Standards.
- Verify material received from vendors matches Zoetis specifications per department procedures.
- Receive materials from vendors and transfers between Kingbird, Building 1, and Building 2 warehouses.
- Move inventory from the receiving areas to bar-coded identified storage locations within the warehouse.
- Fill, transfer, verify, and return as necessary packaging components from the warehouse to the production areas as requested by transaction documents or batch records.
- Transfer/shrink-wrap finished and semi-finished goods
- Move/pick/organize inventory of semi-finished goods in the refrigerated and ambient storage
- Transfer packaging components from wooden pallets to plastic pallets.
- Complete inventory move transactions using the inventory control system (SAP).
- Operate various types of material handling equipment for which training and authorization has been completed.
- Assist with the disposal process on material designated for destruction.
- Assist in handling the recycling of glass, drums, cardboard, etc.
- Maintain the warehouse and dispensing areas in accordance with the Warehouse Housekeeping guidelines.
- Issue, verify, transfer, and return as necessary packaging materials from the restricted warehouse area to the packaging operations per established SOP's utilizing lockable cages.
- Utilize all types of communication (i.e., verbal, phone, e-mail) as required in the daily
operation of the department.
- Respond to requests from customers both internal and external for supplies and information
- Learn the support of manufacturing departments through the movement of product, raw materials, and supplies in and out of the manufacturing areas.
- Learn and comply with all SOP's and associated documentation
- Learn and demonstrate good housekeeping practices
- Learn proper staging and location areas for components and equipment
- Understand and comply with all safety programs and procedures; ex. LOTO, MSDS, PPE
- Demonstrate reliability in attendance and punctuality
- Complete daily timecards thoroughly and accurately
- Learn to document steps accurately and legibly
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or lead persons.
High School graduate or equivalent.
One to two years of college and /or technical education. Six months prior warehousing and/or manufacturing experience.Technical Skills and Competencies
Demonstrate basic mechanical skills. Demonstration of personal computer usage.
Familiar with computer using window-based applications.
Demonstrate good communication skills. Read, interpret, and apply safety procedures, standard operating procedures, maintenance instructions, and departmental procedures. Communicate effectively with peers and Team Leader. Document steps accurately and legibly.
Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Perform conversions within the metric system. Complete controlled documents and inventory calculations using basic math.
Understand and apply instructions in written, oral, and/or diagram formats. Multitask. Ability to recognize product quality issues based on company guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Demonstrates good listening skills. Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment. Expresses a positive attitude, Shows respect for co-workers.Physical Position RequirementsPhysical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by colleagues to successfully perform the principle duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principle duties.
Manual dexterity using hands and fingers. Constant standing for extended periods. Frequent need to sit, kneel, crouch, and climb; reach with hands and arms. Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those colleagues encounter while performing the principle duties of this job. As designated, personnel protection equipment (PPE) must be utilized while on the job.
High noise levels; frequent exposure to heavy items; ANSI 75 Safety shoes required; exposure to cleaning agents/chemicals; PPE as required; exposure to moving mechanical parts; ensure safety shields are always in place; Exposure to extreme temperature variations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each principle job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.