Position at Franklin Energy
We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The Outreach Manager is a hands-on role leading Outreach team. The position requires coordination with the Management to ensure that outreach processes are implemented efficiently, and that all communication with other programs/departments is conducted properly and timely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Directly supervise and mentor the Outreach team, specifically the Outreach Lead and Energy Advisors
- Interview, recommend for hire and train employees as needed
- Plan, coach, assign and direct work as well as review job contributions, conduct performance reviews and reward and discipline employees as necessary
- Achieve program objectives by maintaining productivity standards and goals, including property assessment, production installation, and customer service rates and results
- Improve customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes, establishing and communicating service metrics, monitoring and analyzing results, and implementing changes
- Coordinate with the Technology department by detecting and diagnosing software problems, provide guidance for corrective action and software program enhancements
- Research, organize and summarize data for special projects. Develop, evaluate, recommend and implement procedures for data gathering, management and quality control. Analyze data for trends and/or conclusions.
- Prepare status reports on program outreach progress and results. In conjunction with the Technology department, help develop, enhance and maintain information systems to support program operations reporting requirements.
- Develop and monitor the Outreach team structure in order to accomplish monthly, quarterly and annual goals, along with managing short-and long-range planning
- Responsible for the operational and department budget, budget monitoring and strategic planning of the Outreach programs and initiatives
- Oversee and, as needed, perform daily outreach duties on programs
- Establish a clear vision and direction for programs, including programs in different States, audience and specific user groups
- Establishes and directs outreach programs to meet customer goals
- Identify and establish new program and outreach opportunities including coordination with client
- Evaluate and strengthen existing processes to achieve program participation and revenue goals, including the establishment of integrated evaluations to allow for ongoing review of all outreach aspects
- Coordinates and reviews with client all external communication pieces for brand, editing, and consistency. This includes mass distribution letters, e-blasts, faxes, statement stuffers, and any other external communication pieces
- Collaborates with the Marketing Department to coordinate PR and marketing opportunities for programs
- Develop, maintain and promote positive and professional relationships with client, internal staff, customers and the general public
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience within customer outreach/sales
- Previous experience performing customer outreach initiatives with an Energy Efficiency program
- Previous experience managing staff performing proactive customer outreach activities
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, kneel, and/or crouch
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
This job has expired.