Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal's commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: Director of Advanced Technologies, Austal USA
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Operations Manager is responsible for:
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Creating, leading, and executing all operational activities at the Navy AM COE and liaising with key stakeholders.
- Directing all aspects of manufacturing operations. Continuously assessing operational efficiencies and pursuing opportunities for process improvement.
- Providing information to corporate/government stakeholders in a timely manner. Acting as the primary point of contact for government and corporate visitors and managing public relations.
- Overseeing subcontractor teams occupying the COE; in collaboration with subcontractor leads, designing and implementing plans for effective use of material and labor resources to achieve production/qualification targets.
- Liaise with Austal USA employees, including Engineers, Schedulers and Quality.
- Ensuring quality standards are understood and meet acceptable limits in the manufacturing and distribution process, and ensuring that policies and documentation are current and facility is compliant with customer audit requirements.
- Monitoring the COE's equipment needs and ensuring the equipment and facility are properly maintained. Coordinating maintenance of machines to ensure efficient operations in collaboration with partner team leads.
- Developing and nurturing a dynamic and competent workforce by enforcing established policies for safety, production, quality, HR, accounting, and customer service
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations management, or related field.
- 10-15 years of progressive manufacturing experience, preferably in a similar role in a manufacturing company OR at least 10 years of increasing management responsibility in a manufacturing environment
- Strong operational experience with the ability to establish and measure KPI's.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Possess strong leadership skills.
- Experience with additive manufacturing desired.
Not ApplicableDIRECTION EXERCISED:
Full discretionary authority to assign workDISCRETION EXERCISED:
Full discretionary authority to correct and discipline, recommend pay increase, transfers, promotions, discharges, and process grievances
This job has expired.