Responsible for the oversight and support of the daily administrative activities of the Dermatology department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as the liaison and primary department contact for members of other departments, outside organizations and agencies, faculty candidates, physician leaders and others, facilitating schedules, conveying information, etc.
- Provides administrative support for Chairman.
- Supervises non-clinical staff, including the processing payroll; keeps track of leave records; Keep track of all new employees to make sure they are paid on time.
- Process H/R paperwork - hire forms; changes in status; recruitment paperwork; paperwork to establish new position; job descriptions; change in status forms for Residents program.
- Order office supplies, print materials and other equipment. Maintain appropriate materials available after evaluating need. Monitor spending.
- Process paperwork for setting up new cost centers. Code and process all invoices and travel reimbursements; track doctors spending; process payment request to be paid by University Accounts Payable; process paperwork for repayment to physicians for recruitment expense.
- Assist with physician onboarding and off boarding; processing paperwork, scheduling training, and coordinating marketing materials. Coordinate with Marketing for web profiles, mailings, etc.
- Assist with budgets; create spreadsheets when needed; have charges or monies moved when applied to wrong fund.
- Assist with patient experience issues; discussing issues with patients, following through on issues and resolution.
- Performs projects including research and running of reports as requested.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree in a related field preferred.
At least 3 years of experience in healthcare.