MV Transportation is seeking an Operations and Safety Manager to provide support, leadership and direction to assigned operating personnel to insure delivery of the division business plan and to manage the safety program of local operations in compliance with State and Federal regulations and corporate and client policies.
- Recruit and screen potential new hire operator candidates to be placed into training ensuring that efforts meet the staffing needs of the project.
- Manage new hire and veteran operator training programs to ensure that all operators receive the minimum initial training and that all employees receive required annual and on-going training.
- Community outreach to identify potential new hire candidates as well as the most appropriate recruiting sources.
- Provide and/or manage classroom and behind the wheel instruction according to corporate and client specifications in all aspects of vehicle operation in the course of passenger transportation, including defensive driving, service area familiarization, passenger loading, unloading and securement, proper manifest documentation, use of on-board equipment, accident and emergency procedures, dispatch and radio communications, and passenger sensitivity.
- Provide and/or manage monthly or annual ongoing/refresher training in topics relevant to the service and service area and in a timely manner.
- Respond to and/or provide for trained staff response to operator accidents and incidents, ensuring appropriate collection of information, documentation of events, and reporting per company and client policy.
- Review all vehicular, passenger and employee accidents/incidents for determination of cause and preventability, identifying potential trends to be addressed in future training efforts as well as ensuring that retraining and safety points are assessed according to company policy.
- In conjunction with corporate staff, manage all aspects of the Drug and Alcohol Testing program including pre-employment, random and post-accident testing requirements. Conduct regular reviews of local testing facilities ensuring compliance with corporate and federal policy.
- Establish functional Safety Committee of operators and staff to review safety concerns and make recommendations to management for potential additional safety efforts.
- Assist operations and maintenance departments in identifying additional or refresher training needs based on current trends within the employee base.
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of all training activities and accurate completion of all training related employee records.
- Work with corporate claims staff to ensure that all liability and worker's compensation claims are handled promptly and effectively and, in an effort, to reduce financial liability as well as recoup on all subrogatable claims.
- Proactively manage all employee injury claims to minimize lost time and light duty claims. Work with local medical facilities to ensure that injured employees are placed on light duty as quickly as possible and are returned to full-duty status promptly.
- Conduct regular audits of employee training files and vehicle maintenance files and conduct regular facility safety audits ensuring compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations and related corporate policies.
- Ensure that operator performance reviews, ride along, road checks and evaluations are conducted according to local and corporate policy and requirements. Provide feedback and follow up for operator performance reviews and identify individual training needs where necessary.
- Hire and manage all safety department employees including classroom and behind the wheel instructors, ensuring that all safety staff have all appropriate qualifications, certifications and training and that staff assignments are made in consideration of applicable budget line items.
- Ensure that all training materials are up to date, that necessary supplies are available and that inventories are secured and kept up to date.
- Provide regular reports to local and corporate management staff of safety department efforts, claims status, training efforts, accident history, worker's compensation claims status, and other required information.
- Coordinates all dispatcher/reservations activities.
- Maintains a positive work environment by providing all employees with fair and equitable supervision and encouraging professional growth.
- Monitor performance of dispatchers, call-takers, and vehicles.
- Enter all payroll information daily in appropriate software.
- Ensures that all fares are accurate collected and bank deposits are made daily.
- Research and analyze trips requests using the Trapeze Scheduling software.
- Evaluate and manage staff performance.
- Monitor daily progress on productivity.
- Analysis daily Trapeze performance and make proper adjustment for next day schedule.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous passenger transportation in current project or similar environment required.
- Previous training and supervisory experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent safety and service record.
- Knowledge of local training program and local operations.
- Familiarization with service area.
- Knowledge of project specific vehicles, components, and data/communications systems.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations and corporate safety programs and policies.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with all departments.
- Ability to work independently and objectively.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and provide appropriate supervision and follow up to department staff.
- Strong skills are required in windows-based computer operating systems and Microsoft Office packages.
- Strong analytical skills.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.