Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of value-added, glazing-focused, interior, and exterior products and services. We design, engineer, test, and manufacture solutions in engineered curtain walls, storefronts, and entrances, architectural glass, shower enclosures, glazing hardware, windows, railings, and more.
The Operational Excellence Specialist role in our Hauppauge location isn't just a job - it's an awesome job. We are hiring builders at OBE, and we want to lean into your expertise to help us get better. You will get to make an impact, every single day.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner and who loves to lead a dynamic team. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
The OpEx Specialist is responsible for overseeing Continuous Improvement and Process Improvement activities to drive operational excellence. Reports to the General Manager with dotted line reporting to the Director of Operational Excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Implement and manage OBE Operational Excellence system to support and drive efforts within the leadership team and with employee-based process teams to achieve zero harm, improve quality, reduce waste, and maximize process performance.
- Develop factory OpEx roll out strategy, initiatives, activities, coaching and training
- Identify areas of process improvement and execute specific OpEx production projects
- Implement improved quality processes and change by conducting workshops and improvement projects utilizing OpEx toolbox and methods
- Develop control plans and facilitate training to ensure proper execution & recording of quality testing
- Validate results to assure compliance with industry standards and/or specific project requirements
- Lead site planning process to maximize floor space, minimize lead time, and optimize flow
- Drive operational excellence principles such as constraint management, one-piece flow production, pull systems, workplace organization and setup reduction
- Initiate, communicate and manage investigations into process issues and quality (internal & external) issues to identify root causes, develop corrective actions, and implement solutions
- Seek best practices from other OBE locations and external sources, as well as document and share local best practices to help accelerate implementation throughout the organization
- Monitor, track and report implementation plans and progress in pursuit of projects and KPI's
- Ensure constant application of company procedures and policies
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or a related field from a four-year college or university; plus, five or more years of relevant experience within a manufacturing environment.
Skills and Capabilities
- Experience working in a lean environment and leading lean activities is required
- Previous lean manufacturing experience leading a plant lean transformation is desired
What OBE Offers You
- Practical experience leading kaizen events and teaching and coaching and implementing operational excellence tools
- High degree of technical aptitude with a demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes and logistics flows
- Previous experience developing and implementing quality systems, including but not limited to tools such as PFMEA, control plans, standardized work and layer audits is required
- Ability to influence-decision makers in the organization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and changing work environment
- Excellent leadership skills and demonstrated ability to teach, coach and persuade
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, in addition to interpersonal, teamwork skills
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with various audiences at the site level. Capacity to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and managers at the site level
- Previous experience managing large projects and teams within budgetary and time constraints as well as minimum supervision
- Strong personal computer skills, to include but not limited to: Microsoft Office software applications
- Regular and predictable attendance, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures
- Working onsite will be required
- Occasional travel to domestic sites
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of family businesses, regional companies, and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Long Island Nearest Secondary Market:
New York CIty Job Segment:
Testing, Business Process, Design Engineer, Engineer, Technology, Management, Engineering
This job has expired.