About Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 5000 professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman's thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press.Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
The Events Coordinator provides planning support to the regional team and local office. This role joins a global team, reporting into the Events Director and is responsible for the coordination, production and delivery of firm events.
- Organize and drive forward planning local office events both online and in-person
- Collaborate with business functions and stakeholders to develop event plans, building relationships with colleagues
- Research and recommend venue space for events including site visits, sourcing vendors and other event related needs (entertainment, food & beverage, accommodations, transportation etc.)
- Prepare site comparisons with costs to propose appropriate location/venue
- Manage the production of event materials including communications - i.e. invite design, RSVP lists, name badges and signage
- Conduct flight analysis and manage travel logistics including confirmations and manifests
- Organize agenda and program details for events
- Assist in efforts to ensure local events and offsites are compliant with firm wide standards and policies
- Work with project leader to track regional local office monthly spend, ensure local coordinators reconcile expenses, develop forecasting, and track accruals
- Leads on editing and distributing office event newsletter and promote events on internal digital communication channels to help increase staff participation in office activities.
- Assist the Events Director on larger, region wide events and provide support on various assigned tasks
- Work with the wider Global Events Team on department wide projects and flagship firm wide events
Skills & Attributes
- Basic event management skills - budget management, vendor knowledge, negotiation skills
- Minimum of 2+ years of event planning experience required
- Bachelor's Degree
- Communicates in a clear, inclusive, and respectful manner
- Works with creativity, agility, and purpose to achieve the best results
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and able to work effectively with senior executives and stakeholders
- Adapts to various situations in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Prioritizes workload, is accountable for quality work and delivers impactful results
- Risk mindful and takes pre-emptive measures to avoid issues. Focused on being proactive and solutions oriented
- Responds positively to change and demonstrates resilience
- A team player with the ability to function independently, but collaboratively to meet deadlines
- An individual known to exhibit enthusiasm, integrity and willingness to help whenever necessary
- Adopts a learning mindset, open to feedback, seeks opportunities to learn and professionally develop
- Enjoys travel as projects require
- Proficiency with computer platforms and applications
- Experience with meeting management software and virtual tools such as Cvent, Zoom, a plus but not required
Marsh McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.