Overview / Responsibilities
The Wood Relocations and Furniture Department is a full service team capable of handling any needs. We handle internal and external moves with an in-house staff consisting of four teams. We have four company trucks that are equipped with a lift gate along with a 24' rented moving truck and specialized equipment to get the job done. You will be asked to provide your own steel toe shoes. The mission of the Relocations and Furniture Department is to preserve, maintain and improve the infrastructure while also providing various services to the clients' in support of their respective missions in the most cost effective manner and without sacrifice to quality.
**Authorization to work lawfully without sponsorship from Wood is required**
Work is performed primarily indoors requiring the use of hand and power tools and other equipment and exposing the employee to dust, dirt, noise, lifting, climbing, crawling, and the hazards of working around power tools. (Driving and truck hazards also).
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Relocation of employees as well as clients
- Hanging pictures and boards (white and cork)
- Rearranging office furnishings
- Assembly of various items
- Repair or replace broken furniture
- Reconfiguring cubicles to accommodate Projects
- Supply furniture keys
- Ergonomic Adjustments
- New Hire office check
- Building walks
- Office checks for new hire and clients as well
- We also provide necessary furniture for projects, clients and departments
- Boxes will be delivered for relocation
- Set up and tear down of company events
- Maintain company trucks
- Manage individual building storage units
- Office walkthroughs that consist of looking for boxes, making sure all offices are set to standard kick plates are up no electrical cord sticking out from cubicles.
- Sending out job completions
- Use a handheld cell phone (Email, messaging, etc)
Skills / Qualifications Education and Training:
Licensing and Certification:
- High School Diploma, or G.E.D; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability, required to perform the job.
- Valid Texas State Driver's License with a driving record free from serious or frequent violations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- use of a comptuer for computer based training as well as monitoring emails and other company required training is required. Basic knowledge of computers is highly desired
- Ability to read and follow written and oral instructions
- Experience working with Microsoft suite and Outlook
- Knowledge of standard hand and power tools and equipment used in Relocation activities.
- Knowledge of safety standards and precautions pertaining to the use of tools and heavy physical labor.
- Ability to operate such equipment as hand and power tools in a safe and effective manner.
- Physical requirements include constant lifting/carrying of up to 50 plus pounds
- Visual acuity, speech, and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate maintenance equipment.
- Subject to sitting, standing, climbing, stooping, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform essential functions.
- Working conditions are inside and outside with routine repeated exposure to temperature variations, damp/wet surfaces, hazardous materials, and dirty environment.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.