The Career Services Center at West Virginia University is currently accepting applications for an Office Manager.
About the Opportunity
The Office Manager is responsible for the day-to-day financial, technological, organizational, and administrative functions of the Career Services Center. This position provides complex and independent administrative support to the Assistant Director of Operations and assists the Director by performing tasks that are critical to the goals and objectives of the Center.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
What You'll DoOrganizational and Administrative
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year, and the flexibility to use that time to care for immediate family members
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
- Wellness programs
Student Employment Assistance
- Responsible for opening and closing office during regular business hours.
- Responsible for written, telephone, email, and walk-in inquiries from Career Services’ patrons. Patrons include students, alumni, parents, faculty, staff, administrators, community members, state and federal representatives, and a wide variety of employers.
- Determine nature of inquiry and directs to appropriate staff member or provides direct assistance.
- Greet visitors and phone calls to the Center politely and friendly with an enthusiastic “willing to help” attitude.
- Take minutes at the All-Staff meetings and posts minutes to a shared folder.
- Possess or quickly develop a proficiency of the Center’s career services platform system (currently Handshake). Provide clear and concise assistance to students, faculty and alumni with registration and utilization of Handshake. Responsible for training new employees and student workers on the system.
- Maintain read/write access to ALL staff calendars to accurately schedule appointments using Handshake and the University’s adopted scheduling system (currently Outlook 365).
- Provide student information to counselors verbally or through “Comments” box in students’ Handshake appointment record.
- Upon notification of the staff member, has authority to make changes to appointment schedules to accommodate student needs.
- Responsible for coordinating and maintaining counseling appointments.
Financial Operations and Shared Services Liaison
- Assist with on and off-campus student employment to include daily student, faculty, and staff support.
- Provide instruction to on-campus hiring managers on the student employment process.
- Assist off-campus employers on how to create an employer account and navigate Handshake.
- Inbound and post student employment job posting requests to Handshake.
- Inbound and update student job application statuses and job postings in Handshake.
- Assist with training faculty and staff on the student employment process.
Information Technology and Technical Support
- Provide financial management assistance to the Assistant Director of Operations and Director by independently managing and monitoring the revenues and expenditures for all career fairs and events.
- Responsible for the day-to-day business/financial operations of the Career Services Center, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, travel reporting and reimbursement, monitoring and auditing all state budgets, and WVU Foundation accounts in compliance with WVU and WVU Foundation policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records of all payable and receivable transactions for the Career Services Center.
- Assist in establishing future fee structures for career fairs and events based on previous knowledge for each event.
- Authorize and transfer funds from career services accounts to other units on campus as part of the event revenue sharing program.
- Manage and maintain records of all billing and monitor payments received through Handshake and QuickBooks.
- Shared Services Liaison for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Maintain records of all billing and monitor payments received.
- Monitor financial status reports through MAP and My Reports.
- Manage and collect fees from employers; perform credit card and check deposits through CashNet and WVU Deposit.
- Investigates, understands, tracks, and adheres to all HR policies and procedures for hiring and terminating graduate assistants and student workers, including federal work study students.
- Request and maintain student data received from WVU Office of the Registrar for in-house use. Maintain master database in Career Services’ share drive.
- Assist with daily student data imports from Banner to Handshake in coordination with WVU ITS.
- Manage student, employer, and staff Handshake accounts, ensuring true identities and correct role access.
- Assist staff, students, faculty, and alumni in the utilization of Handshake and train new employees and student workers on the system.
- Ensure nightly system updates in Handshake for Federal Work Study (FWS) eligibility.
- Oversee internal departmental communication technologies, including but not limited to Handshake, mobile apps, web-based announcements, listservs and email groups.
- Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Operations, prepare and administer various surveys utilizing Handshake’s survey module for West Virginia University and Career Services, including employer satisfaction surveys and most essentially, the University-wide WVU First Destination Survey sent to all graduating senior each semester.
- Under the guidance of the Assistant Director of Operations, collect and analyze placement data, and prepare dashboards for WVU First Destination Surveys.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible and related experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of one (1) year of administrative support experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience.
- Experience budgeting, bookkeeping, accounts payable, and accounts receivable experience.
- High level of customer service experience including the ability to independently solve complex and time sensitive problems.
- Ability to maintain composure, professionalism, and positive attitude during lengthy periods of high volume, intensive work.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Information Systems Management.
- Flawless attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven self-starter with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create, amend, and analyze profit and loss statements.
- Ability to create and adhere to budgets.
- Possess the ability to be flexible and process change quickly as needed to provide custom service.