The Office Manager is responsible for maintaining office services and ensuring an excellent experience for people employees. The Office Manager must work well in a dynamic environment with high demands around a broad spectrum of responsibilities including, providing a workplace that is safe, comfortable, accommodating, and encourages an inclusive, productive, and fun environment.
The Office Manager is confident, fully engaged, service-oriented, and is committed to providing meticulous attention to detail with maximum discretion. He/she has a hands-on mentality and desire to deliver a consistently high level of service; including solid organization skills with proven tools and processes to keep the office and the management team running efficiently.
The Office Manager has a demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects, successfully prioritize numerous tasks with good judgment, take initiative and follow through, and he/she proactively recognizes opportunities for process improvement and the willingness to take on new challenges.
The duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee all office services duties in the office and ensure that office is operating smoothly
- Manage office supplies inventory and place orders as necessary
- Provide other administrative support, including scheduling group meetings, customer visits, and catering
- Perform receptionist duties: greet visitors, and answer and direct phone calls
- Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries, and manage outgoing mail
- Plan in-house or off-site employee and/or customer activities, including celebrations, virtual local & global activities, conferences, etc.
- Develop office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Monitor headcount and plan office space accordingly including, office layout planning and office moves, and with managing and maintaining IT infrastructure
- Manage office budget
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems
- Identify and implement initiatives, tools, and services that enhance team member's working experience
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- Management of facility property management company, including ensuring service level expectations are met
- Office cost planning, monitoring, and optimization
- Ensure safety compliance, including regularly scheduled safety inspections
- Act as key point of contact for all facility related escalations to ensure quick resolution of any complaints
- In partnership with corporate partners (Real Estate, Facilities, etc.) management of all contractual obligations including vendors, equipment lease agreements, service charges, and rates
- Liaise with facility management vendors including cleaning, security services, catering
- Monitor headcount and plan office workspace accordingly
- Project manage all small facility projects and regular maintenance
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in an administrative/office management role
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Must be a self-starter and driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Leadership ability to manage challenges and proactively implement effective solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively with all employees
- Bachelor's Degree
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Previous experience with facilities management
- Experience managing construction projects
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.