Job ID: 471443
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
Provide occupational health services including treatment and care to site population (i.e., First Aid response etc.). Manage a diverse portfolio of occupational health and wellness programs and systems. Includes the management of all employee injuries and illnesses, associated workers' compensation cases, medical surveillance programs and protocols, logs and screenings. Manage all medical supplies. Coordinate occupational health and safety programs. Conduct applicable employee training and participate in various site teams and Emergency Response. This position will work closely with Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) and HR Staff, along with all site employees, Managers and Supervisors. You will serve as an expert in health promotion, health education and disease prevention here at Gulf Coast of Texas Materials Region.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Provides primary care and assessments for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illness within the scope of practice and consistent with nursing guidelines
- Transport and assist employees needing to visit urgent care or medical facilities following work-related injuries
- Serve as liaison to health clinics, physicians and hospitals for work-related and non-occupational injury and illness
- Implements care plans with follow-up nursing care and referrals
- Provides case management of Workers Compensation claims, and assists with short-term disability (STD), long-term disability (LTD), and ADA claims
- Facilitates early and safe return to work and maintains effective incident injury/illness reporting procedures
- Oversees adequate supply of medical, first aid, CPR, AED and other safety and health supplies
- Maintain and assure compliance with all health & safety standards, education and required paperwork
- Conduct periodic training, including but not limited to first aid, CPR, health & wellness, and other related areas
- Manage first responder programs
- Serve as an employee advocate and resource in the utilization of benefits such as referral to employee assistance programs, wellness programs, etc.
- Interprets and promotes compliance with government legislation
- Maintain a professional demeanor in dealing with critical/confidential information
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Texas, and in good standing
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- 3 to 5 years of occupational health experience is preferred in either ER/Urgent care or occupational health
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Knowledge of case management, workers compensation, and government regulations
- Ability to handle work with sensitive issues and protect the confidentiality of medical information
- Sound judgement in the application of nursing and safety principles
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures, as well as occupational wellness programs
- Computer skills and the ability to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver's license that meets state requirements
- Must be willing to travel around the Waco, Austin, Marble Falls and San Antonio areas
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and MSHA.
- Compliance with all OSHA, MSHA, HIPAA, ADA regulations.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization's goals and objectives.
- High ethical work standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Ability to deal with the public in a pleasant, courteous, and calm manner in all circumstances.
- Ability to work under pressure and be multi-task oriented.
- Knowledge of medical terminology; principles and practices of health promotion, risk reduction, medication and drugs, common dosages, their physical and physiological effects, and possible adverse reactions.
- Knowledge of medical and professional nursing ethics and patient privacy rights.
- Ability to observe changes in the medical condition of patients and effectively communicate these changes.
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research and evaluation.
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity, follow-through, and commitment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, crawl, kneel, and bend.
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50lbs
What CRH Offers You
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2022 Job Segment:
Workers Compensation, Supply, Electrical, Human Resources, Operations, Engineering
This job has expired.