The family you will be joining:
Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG) is a rapidly growing veterinary emergency company with hospital locations across the United States. Our mission is helping people and their pets when they need it most. We are revolutionizing emergency medicine with a "customer first" mentality and a true, employee-centric work environment. We expect to see significant expansion across the country, growing from 40 to ~55 locations by the end of 2023.
New ER Doctor Program - Practicing Veterinarians
VEG New ER Doctor Program is a training and mentorship program designed specifically for veterinarians 1+ years out of school who are looking to make the switch to emergency medicine. The VEG Emergency New ER Doctor Program is a consecutive 6-month, intensive, hands-on-emergency-focused mentorship program that if completed successfully transitions into a full-time Emergency Doctor position with Veterinary Emergency Group. The New ER Doctor Program includes continuing education, regular mentor meetings, and working alongside an experienced emergency doctor.
What makes the New ER Doctor Program program standout?
- It's a mentorship program, not an internship!
- You will work alongside highly-skilled medical directors and emergency doctors on EVERY shift
- Advanced training provides the confidence and clinical experience you need to succeed in emergency medicine
- You will learn best practices for client-centered communication and care
- Industry-leading compensation
What CE experiences can you expect to attend during your 6 month program?
- Critical Care
All paid for by VEG! Requirements
- A passion for helping others
- A valid DVM, VMD, or equivalent degree
- Be a practicing veterinarian for 1+ years
- A desire to live and breathe emergency medicine
- A valid license to practice veterinary medicine and a valid DEA registration, in the state in which you will be completing your program, by your start date
- The ability to:
- lift at least 50 lbs
- stand for extended periods of time (potentially for the entirety of a 12 hour shift
- stay awake overnight and work overnight shifts, and
- commit to a predetermined schedule for a consecutive six month period
VEG celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. You've found the equal opportunity employer you are looking for. We can't wait to meet you! *Please note that all New ER Doctor graduates are guaranteed a spot at VEG as an Emergency Doctor at a hospital location of our choosing as long as they successfully complete their New ER Doctor Program in the required six consecutive month time frame and pass all required competencies and benchmarks throughout the program* Why you should choose us: Because emergency is all we do, so we do it best! We also offer:
This job has expired.
- Industry-leading compensation + signing bonus
- Health Insurance
- 401K w/ company match
- Unlimited CE
- 10 weeks of Parental Leave with 100% pay!
- Growth potential
- Fresh groceries sent to our hospitals weekly