Why join this team
Provides network services to support the organization's business operations and growth. This includes configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting network infrastructure, server, storage and telecommunications systems, and assists in system rollouts and depositions.
This position is expected to be hybrid (2-3x/week onsite). Due to the nature of our business in New York City, please note that UNFCU will require that you show current proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon acceptance of employment.
NYC Salary Range - $85,600 - $115,000 annually; compensation is commensurate to geographic location.
What you'll do
What we're seeking
- Manage the organization's data archiving and protection
- Administer data archiving systems, Enterprise backups and file recoveries, SAN site-to-site replication and storage and server virtualization
- Administer and plan capacity for Enterprise Fiber Storages CNA & HBA, MPIO & PowerPath
- Troubleshoot technical issues and provide timely problem remedies
- Manage time and maintain service record; clearly specify network problems and escalate to appropriate resources
- Demonstrate general Windows and LINUX knowledge, in particular for RAIDs, partitioning, EXT3 & NTFS securities
- Configure and maintain network resources including, but not limited to, AD group policies, DNS and DCHP
- Install, configure, and maintain applications and system software as required by the organization
- Update and install system patches and firmware according to organization policy
- Attend business meetings; document and communicate network requirements
- Provide documentation for organization specified system configurations, operation run books, policies and procedures
- Configure and maintain CISCO devices
- Support Data Center rack space, cooling and power
What makes you stand out
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science and at least four years of progressive professional IT work experience in storage networking
- Professional certifications (EMC, Symantec, Commvault, VCP and/or equivalents)
- Full range of data protection knowledge
- Strong analytical ability/problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment to complete assigned projects in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task, taking on several initiatives at once
- May need to lift or move objects up to 50 pounds and travel to other worksites
- May require work on weekends or other extended hours
- Critical system outages and system upgrades may require 24/7 coverage on short notice
Who we are
- Knowledge of server hardware
UNFCU is a global not-for-profit financial institution that serves the UN community. We are committed to providing peace of mind to our members and colleagues and strive to achieve service excellence in all that we do. The best part of UNFCU is the people. Those that choose to work with us often find personal fulfillment, professional growth and a purposeful culture.