The Social Media Manager is a forward-thinking, web-savvy, organized leader responsible for executing the company's social media strategy and employee advocacy programs. They will work closely with the Channel Marketing team to develop, implement and communicate the company's social media strategy and marketing efforts. This individual will collaborate with regional MarComm teams to help deliver consistent messaging and coaching; and to lead training and employee advocacy programs to further enhance the sales and HR teams' presence on social media. This individual is passionate about the online space, has strong analytical and communication skills, and has solid working knowledge of social media technology and scheduling platforms.
DRIVE REVENUE GROWTH
- Proficiency of all social media online platforms such as: LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram
- Strong understanding of social media scheduling and advocacy tools such as: Bambu and Sprout Social
- Stays abreast of cutting-edge ideas, trends, and new technologies in digital media marketing
- Consistently evaluates and recommends new tools and approaches
PROMOTE BRAND AND CULTURE
- Coaches and educates managers on social media best practices to enhance HR and sales team efforts and encourage all employees to serve as brand ambassadors
- Works with social media teams to create regular company status updates based on industry, company-related events, news, etc.
- Conducts social listening to capitalize on industry and breaking news, keeping our channels current
- Engaged in SEO efforts, pay-per-click vendors and/or paid search campaigns
- Monitors social media activity daily and is comfortable acting as the voice of the brand, participating in dialogue with our audiences when appropriate
- Supports public relations efforts and strategy, including following and engaging with various media outlets
DATA MANAGEMENT & REPORTING
- Develops social strategy to amplify the voice of the brand and its culture; maintain consistency while speaking to diverse audiences
- Partners with internal communications and HR to create, monitor and update all culturally-focused social media outlets to engage and inspire employees
- Works with HR to develop a strategy on how best to promote MMA's unique brand and culture; to support onboarding and integration of new colleagues into the MMA culture
- Know the latest media consumption trends, have the ability to evaluate CPMs and have a deep understanding of the user experience on all media channels
- Monitor performance, analyzing and reporting social media KPIs on a monthly basis, sharing successes and identifying in real time new opportunities
- Works with the MarComm team to analyze traffic and campaign success; presents findings, brainstorms strategy changes and identifies cross promotion opportunities to the marketing team regularly
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong leadership and management skills; ability to manage multiple projects, platforms and campaigns concurrently
- Establishes and maintains a process for involving marketing team members in the development of optimized social media messages to promote all available content
- Works with graphic designers and content writers as needed to produce assets for social media campaigns
- Regularly integrates social messages as part of all current marketing initiatives
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 8-10 years social media management, content marketing, or other relevant experience
- Proficient with (and understanding of best practices for) a broad range of social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce and Pardot preferred
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities to effectively meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to effectively build and maintain positive working relationships with management and peers
- This is a remote position.
- Limited travel may be required, consisting primarily of day trips to outstate locations
- Extended work hours may be required on occasion
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
Not eligible for remote work in Colorado.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.