Multifamily Director of Construction If you are a Multifamily Director of Construction with experience, please read on!
What You Will Be Doing JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Manages the activities associated with development and new construction projects by reviewing project specifications, blueprints, and plans, providing input into preparing hard cost estimates and project budgets, determining the staffing requirements and assigning team members and sub-contractors to jobs, and managing the day-to-day progress of the project from initial construction through delivery.
- Participates in and/or leads initial and on-going project planning meetings, assists in developing the projects scope of work and specifications, and prepares the project budget, timeline, and construction schedule.
- Prepares and distributes bid packages, reviews and evaluates bids and proposals from suppliers, vendors, and sub-contractors, develops, negotiates, and approves contracts for selected contractors, sub-contractors, and other service providers needed to complete the project work.
- Reviews and recommends change orders or amendments to the specifications, blueprints, and plans when appropriate, and ensures related documents and budgets are amended as needed to reflect changes to the project specifications.
- Oversees compliance with the Companys safety standards and applicable codes and other legal and regulatory requirements by staying informed about relevant codes and ordinances and permit requirements, and by preparing and/or submitting required documentation and other information to appropriate agencies.
- Communicates with key business leaders to provide updates on the status of projects, surface and address concerns, and plan specific actions as needed to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of the projects.
- Develops and supervises team members by interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training employees, and manages their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
- Conducts project site inspections as needed to monitor progress and support project-assigned team members, steps in as needed to address and resolve issues and problems, and recommends, approves, and implements modifications to the project plans, schedule, staffing, or budget as needed.
- Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
What You Need for this Position - 10+ years of experience in construction management and field operations with experience overseeing similar projects from initial construction through delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in multi-family, wood framing, structural concrete, construction projects
- 3rd party general contractor experience is a plus
- Strong, time management, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to be highly organized, in day-to-day and long-term planning and execution, and to track and maintain complex schedules effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively delegate and negotiate.
SKILLS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of mechanical, electrical and plumbing building systems.
- Advance knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
- Capacity to handle pressure
- Willingness to travel extensively across the construction sites
- Physical and mental fitness is a given
- Strong focus on quality
- Recent working knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and MS Project
- Knowledge and experience in Prolog or similar Project Management Software is a plus
- Maintain company confidentiality
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
What's In It for You We are willing to offer excellent compensation projects including:
- Competitive base salary (DOE)
- Strong bonus structure
- Gas and Cell Allowance
- PTO & Sick Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And more...
So, if you are a Multifamily Director of Construction with experience, please apply today!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Posted about 2 hours ago
La Puente, California
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago