F&A ITS - Griffin
About the Department
The University of Chicago Office of IT Services collaborates with campus partners to support the mission of the University of Chicago through the consistent delivery of high-quality solutions and services.
University of Chicago is seeking an Application Administrator to maintain the integrity, configuration, integration and support of our Integration Platform as a Service (IPaas), and related applications through technical best practices.
Mulesoft Adminstrator represents 50% of the responsibilities performed.
- Maintains Mulesoft environments including networking configuration, performance monitoring, core utilization, and implementation of scheduled Anypoint updates.
- Configures Mule runtimes, Gateway runtimes and connectors.
- Maintains the platform supporting infrastructure including MongoDB, Nexus artifactory, and GitHub.
- Works with development team to create Continuous Integration routines.
- Sets up security models and policies for consumers and producers of API and catalog assets.
- Supports incident escalations with platform vendor.
Deployment Management represents 25% of the responsibilities performed.
- Coordinates integration releases between application development and business partner teams in compliance with University Change Management procedures.
- Creates new deployment scripts and integrates into existing code base.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure the team delivers high quality system releases that require little or no re-work.
- Provides estimates to complete tasks as needed.
- Creates and conducts unit testing following a standard methodology.
System Support represents 25% of the responsibilities performed.
- Maintains a nightly batch job system that processes numerous data feeds.
- Installs and/or upgrades vendor application(s) and other software needed to support the application system(s).
- Deploys and configures new virtual hardware in support of vendor applications.
- Completes monthly security audit including coordination of recommended changes with development team.
- Coordinates with system administrators during monthly operating system maintenance.
- Works with IT networking and system administrators to maintain firewall configuration and rulesets.
- Collaborates and works with other programmers, system administrators, database administrators, and security and web administrators to maintain application batch jobs, overall stability, and optimal system performance.
- Develops an understanding of Service Management concepts/ITIL processes.
- Solves complex problems to configure, install, upgrade, and maintain server applications and hardware. Works to safeguard the integrity of computer software. Implements operating system enhancements to improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Provides expertise in planning and installing necessary patches and upgrades for servers and their associated storage, network, communications, and peripheral sub-systems. Installs and maintains an appropriate level of intrusion detection, monitoring, and auditing software as required.
- Plans and installs necessary patches and upgrades for servers and their associated storage, network, communications, and peripheral sub-systems. Installs and maintains an appropriate level of intrusion detection, monitoring, and auditing software as required.
- Tracks compliance and maintains documentation for hardware, software, and service inventories for management reports.
- Performs other related work as needed.
Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.---
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 5-7 years of work experience in a related job discipline.---
- Master's degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years development, implementation, support, and maintenance of a vendor supported system.
- A minimum of 3 years working with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools such as Git, Jenkins.
- A minimum of 3 years working with Maven and Ant as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts.
- A minimum of 3 years of performing multiple roles of working in production support, providing technical consultation and/or project management.
- A minimum of 2 years experience with the configuration and administration of Mulesoft Anypoint Platform.
- A minimum of 2 years performing system installs and/or updates.
- ITIL Foundations certification.
- Experience supporting an enterprise integration platform.
- Experience in a Research 1 university supporting an integrated vendor supported systems.
- Experience with higher education.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Technical Direction - effectively assist leadership in managing a technical direction for the organization through keeping up with industry trends and recommending forward paths.
- Focus - delivering high quality service, needs of the key stakeholders, end-users, service orientation, organizational communications and getting results.
- Some evening/weekend work.
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
When applying, the document(s) MUST
be uploaded via the My Experience
page, in the section titled Application Documents
of the application.Job Family
Information TechnologyRole Impact
Individual ContributorFLSA Status
MonthlyScheduled Weekly Hours
YesRequires Compliance with University Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
YesDrug Test Required
NoHealth Screen Required
NoMotor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
Employees must comply with the University's COVID-19 vaccination requirements. More information about the requirements can be found on the University of Chicago Vaccination GoForward.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages a diversity of perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes a review of conviction history. A conviction does not automatically preclude University employment. Rather, the University considers conviction information on a case-by-case basis and assesses the nature of the offense, the circumstances surrounding it, the proximity in time of the conviction, and its relevance to the position.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at:http://securityreport.uchicago.edu.Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
This job has expired.