WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Mortgage Underwriter. The Underwriter will review applications, financial information and credit bureau data to render credit decisions for residential mortgage loans. The incumbent will use credit-scoring tools to support sound decision making while calculating debt-to-income and loan-to-value ratios as well as analyzing collateral value offered. The incumbent will apply consumer and residential mortgage loan policies in rendering decisions. The incumbent will make decisions in line with applicable state and federal regulatory guidelines. The incumbent will communicate lending decisions to the appropriate branch or sales officer.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm position, located in Wayne, Pennsylvania.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required.
• Minimum of 2 years of residential mortgage underwriting experience is required.
• Experience in a high volume loan center reviewing a variety of mortgage loan products is required.
• Must have the ability to analyze credit quality and application information, review and interpret financial statements, read and understand the data in both personal and business bureaus.
• Knowledge and experience with industry standard operating systems is required.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills to interact with both internal and external customers.
• This position requires independent thinking and will be able to effectively balance the need for growth with prudent lending practices in individual decision-making, coaching and collaborating with our internal customers.
• Must have thorough knowledge of credit and regulatory policy.
• Must be able to work in a deadline driven environment.
• Must be proficient in using Windows and Microsoft Office.
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.