Kitsap Credit Union is hiring for a full-time hourly Mortgage Loan Consultant to work out of our Harborside location in beautiful Kitsap County. This position is responsible for the timely and accurate origination of members' home loans, working with members throughout the process, ensuring all documentation is accurate, and that all loans meet regulatory compliance from origination to closing. You may perform a variety of tasks related to the mortgage lending or loan application process. You may also meet with existing or potential clients to assess their financial situation, provide information on the various types of loans, and approve loans.
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Manager, Real Estate Operations
Employment Type: (full or part time, salaried or hourly?)
Working hours: Hybrid - Monday-Friday 8 AM -5 PM
Job Functions: Lending, General Business
Typical Job Duties
This role may be right for you if
- Manage a mortgage pipeline and third-party vendor services to ensure delivery of quality mortgage products and services in a cost-effective manner
- Review real estate loan applications submitted online, over the phone or via the branch to ensure information is accurate and meets product guidelines and risk profile
- Review Automated Underwriting system conditions ensuring that the loan meets eligibility, underwriting conditions for closing are received and regulatory requirements are met on all loans with support of the Sr. Mortgage Loan Consultant and/or Real Estate Manager
- Structure conventional and special mortgage loan programs and have the knowledge of the necessary documentation for processing and obtaining underwriting approval
- Verify the accuracy and integrity of all member and collateral information and documentation to determine acceptability and negotiate loan terms and pricing
- Process approved and rejected files by communicating underwriting decisions and conditions to the members and realtors on properties and loans
- Order and evaluate appraisals, title policies, credit reports, income, and other verification documents
- Carry a pipeline of 30 plus files including pre-purchase loans
you are passionate about member service and lending, and you enjoy research and investigations-based work. You pride yourself on your ability to hone in on small details and catch data discrepancies. Your previous employers praise your ability to ability to work well in a fast-paced deadline-sensitive environment, and your previous co-workers talk about the ease with which you handle what otherwise might be difficult conversations with customers and stakeholders. Your friends consider you easy to talk to and your family is proud of your ability to thrive and grow amidst adversity. Basic Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years mortgage loan sales experience in a financial institution.
- Experience as a Member Specialist preferred or one (1) year experience in the mortgage industry: underwriting, structuring, and documenting real estate secured loans, analyzing income, asset, credit, and collateral documentation.
- Must be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) within 30 days of hire and comply with the SAFE Act regulations.
Kitsap Credit Union requires new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Kitsap Credit Union will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause Kitsap Credit Union undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
******Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status.******
This job has expired.