Mill Controller - Johnsonburg
Reports to: Director of Finance - Paper
Based in Johnsonburg, PA(US) the Mill Controller reports directly to the Director of Finance - Paper and functionally reports to the General Manager of the mill. The Mill Controller is responsible for managing and supervising all finance activities at the mill. The Mill Controller provides financial and business support to operating departments to minimize cost and optimize operations. The position also supports division and corporate levels with management reporting and ensures compliance with business objectives and regulatory rules.
- Manage and coordinate the Accounting, & Finance functions for the site
- Ensure accurate and timely financial (both internal and external) and management reporting
- Provide financial and business leadership to entire operation to ensure cost effective decisions and strategy
- Lead, coordinate and perform analysis for operating and capital projects to optimize performance and earnings
- Develop and support an environment of continuous cost and profit improvement
- Coordinate and review, month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing and reporting to meet corporate deadlines
- Coordinate and review the forecasting and budgeting process for the site
- Ensure financial results appropriately reflect operational results
- Ensure compliance with company policy and GAAP guidelines for financial reporting
- Maintain effective system of internal controls that are validated with audits and in compliance with corporate and legal regulations
- Manage the accounting department including, but not limited to provide coaching, organization and delegation of tasks, succession planning, recruiting, and performance management
- Actively participate in division/company-wide initiatives to improve effectiveness and efficiency of financial reporting
- Good communicator at all levels of organization, in both written and verbal formats
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-sufficient, results driven and detail-oriented mindset
- Excellent decision making and strong communication skills
- Proven leaderskills, fostering positive teamwork dynamic
- A minimum of 10+ years' experience in a supervisory/management capacity in a manufacturing environment in the accounting area
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business, preferably CMA and/or CPA, and/or MBA
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel capabilities
- Experience working in MS Office and ERP systems, preferably SAP
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
This job has expired.