It's more than a career, it's a calling.
MO-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Provides direction and leadership to ensure that supply chain operational strategies address patient safety, quality, clinical outcomes and cost control for the responsible departments. Ensures operational compliance via dashboards and facility audits. Applies specialized knowledge to solving complex supply chain operations management and business problems within established policies and practices.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Promotes team building and collaboration. Hires, trains, mentors and supervises staff. Motivates and encourages staff to achieve personal, organizational and team goals. Conducts annual reviews and recognizes accomplishment. Encourages and provides opportunity for staff development, input and feedback regarding improvement opportunities.
- Manages various programs and services, interacting with various departments across the organization. Monitors performance outcomes and provides reporting on outcomes where applicable.
- Serves as liaison with vendors for coordinating bulk and special purchases and supporting product/vendor conversions and other initiatives. Oversees the generation of tracing reports for vendors. Oversees value initiatives such as rebate management, food service project management to include cuttings, standardization efforts, micro market development, billing reconciliation, and credit collections. Oversees various initiatives related to warehouse and central distribution.
- Participates in developing strategic plans and operationalizes strategic plans for the assigned supply chain operations areas. Ensures supply chain departments provide premier customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Develops, administers and monitors regional supply chain operations strategies and goals, supporting and ensuring that multi-regional strategies and goals complement organizational objectives and fulfill community needs for quality health care.
- Ensures development, implementation and standardization of leading practice supply chain operation processes in logistics, warehousing, procurement, distribution and inventory management across assigned area. Oversees development of systems and processes to continually improve operational performance.
- Creates and maintains an environment to encourage improvement of the quality and scope of supply chain operations service to all internal and external customers across the organization.
- Directs and monitors supply chain automation best practices and innovations. Collaborates to ensure all aspects of supply chain operations are well developed and maintained throughout the supply chain operation to ensure superior customer experience.
- Optimizes supply utilization by utilizing internal and external benchmarks, clinical research, and other pertinent data to identify opportunities and implement process improvements. Develops financial improvement plans to drive efficiencies and cost savings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience or education
- Five years' experience, with two years' in leadership
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Day Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
83940011 Central DistributionScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here