Located in Stillwater Oklahoma, the Metallurgical Engineer plans, directs and coordinates manufacturing processes for welding wire Electrodes, Industrial wire, Bead wire, and supports operations to assure a quality product is produced in a timely manner. Works with multiple departments such as Lean Leadership, Operations, Quality Assurance, Design Engineering, Procurement, and Regulatory Affairs to improve existing product designs and processes to increase throughput, decrease operational costs, and improve quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Quality Assurance with maintaining quality levels of raw materials by writing material specifications.
- Design new cored wire products and redesign existing products as required by the needs of sales effort.
- Assist Production in resolving any problems which may occur with raw materials
- Assist Quality Assurance and Sales to develop effective corrective actions for non-conforming material.
- Continually explore cost effective raw materials for wire products while maintaining product performance.
- Assist manufacturing with continuous improvement initiatives to increase productivity and lower production costs.
- Assist with repairing equipment and tooling.
- Work with Operations and outside vendors to create methods/process to improve production capacities.
- Represent manufacturing on cross-functional teams to launch new or revised products
- Work closely with maintenance department to improve machine reliability, reduce downtime, and define equipment maintenance requirements
- Assist with performing process failure mode effects analyses
- Work with management to establish project timeliness, project justification, and budget forecasts.
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance
- Serve on AWS committees or subcommittees as appropriate to keep current with codes and standards in the industry.
- Assist marketing in preparation of accurate data sheets by providing technical input and required product performance data
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Material Science
- Four years of experience in metals industry conducting failure analysis of engineering components and process audits.
- Self-motivated, responsible and ambitious individual that is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.