Some Thursdays and some rotating Mondays.
Under the direction of a registered nurse, the Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting physicians, nurse practitioners and nurses with evaluation, management, and treatment of patients during office visits and other tasks related to the visit consistent with his/her training and skills. His/her primary roles are to assure efficient patient flow through the office; to maintain neat, clean, and safe patient care areas, and to promote patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner consistent with their needs.
- Good communicationskills. Sound judgment andproblem solving ability. Basic computer skills which may be obtained thru onthe job training. Ability to prioritize. Ability to handle multiple tasks in abusy environment and see them through to completion. Accuracy and attention todetail.
- Previous experience of one year in ahospital or physician's office. Six to nine months to be proficient in allphases of assigned duties.
- High School diploma.Medical Assistant course or equivalent experience required.
- Medical Assistant,Cardiac-Pulmonary Resuscitation and Basic Life Support certification required. NursingAssistant certification or other academic preparation may be considered in lieuof certification.
- Certified audimetrictechnician (preferred for Occupational Health).