The University of Iowa Community Clinics is seeking a 50 - 100% Medical Assistant II to work in our QuickCare (Walk-in) Clinics. Our medical assistants are responsible to help a wide variety of patients from newborn to geriatric and ensures patient care standards are met and provides access to additional care options. This position is part of a dynamic and fast paced environment, rich with opportunities for learning and growth. We utilize a multidisciplinary approach to patient care that encourages team work between multiple disciplinary team to provide the most comprehensive care to our patients. Standard shifts will be primarily 10 - 12 hour shifts could vary based on clinic need.
This position comes with the University of Iowa's generous, full benefit package including double-match retirement, paid vacation and sick leave, and much more!
Duties to include:
- Staff will support our QuickCare Clinics and will float to multiple locations based on staffing need.
- Under direct supervision of physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or registered nurse.
- Performs technical, patient care and related clerical functions in an ambulatory setting.
- Duties may involve the use of electronic word/data processing equipment and/or conventional office equipment.
- Driver's License and ability to meet UI Fleet Safety Standards.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.® WE CARE Core Values:
Welcoming - We strive for an environment where everyone has a voice that is heard, that promotes the dignity of our patients, trainees, and employees, and allows all to thrive in their health, work, research, and education.
Excellence - We aim to achieve and deliver our personal and collective best in the pursuit of quality and accessible healthcare, education, and research.
Collaboration - We encourage collaboration with healthcare systems, providers, and communities across Iowa and the region, as well as within our UI community. We believe teamwork - guided by compassion - is the best way to work.
Accountability - We behave ethically, act with fairness and integrity, take responsibility for our own actions, and respond when errors in behavior or judgment occur.
Respect - We are committed to ensuring that UI Health Care is an inclusive environment where individuals from the full spectrum of diversity - which includes identity, backgrounds, cultures, ability and perspective -feel safe, seen, and valued.
Equity - We dedicate ourselves to equity and fairness in research, health care, education and health.
• Regular salaried position located in Iowa City area and surrounding cities
• Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans.
The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package, including a double retirement match, paid vacation as well as paid sick leave. Complete information regarding the full benefits package may be viewed at: https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits Percent of Time:
50 - 100% (20 - 40 hours per week) Schedule:
Variable hours between 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM, rotating holiday and weekends, no on-call time, and primarily 10 - 12 hour shifts. Location: Iowa City, IA *(and surrounding clinics) Pay Grade: 9
$38,792.00 - $57,616.00 / Hourly: $18.65 - $27.70 (based on years of experience)Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Certification ORregistration as a Medical Assistant ORcompletion of a recognized one year Medical Assistant Program, ORCompletion of a health care profession program with a curriculum incorporating elements of a Medical Assistant program including but not limited to: pathophysiology, medical terminology, basic pharmacology and medication administration including dose calculation and psychology
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Driver's License and ability to meet UI Fleet Safety Standards
- Previous (minimum 1 year) experience as a Medical Assistant
- Previous walk-in clinic experience is preferred
In order to be considered, applicants must upload resume
(under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact Jennifer-L-Allen@uiowa.edu.
Successful candidates will be required to self-disclose any conviction history and will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
The department intends to hire one candidate from either the Licensed Practical Nurse (REQ# 23003929) or Medical Assistant II (REQ# 23003928) based on the qualifications of the successful candidate.
- Classification Title: Medical Assistant II
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Full-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Jennifer Allen
- Contact Email: Jennifer-L-Allen@uiowa.edu