Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Reviews the chart of scheduled patents prior to the appointment to ensure all testing/correspondence is included and enters information to be part of the patient's medical record (EMR/paper). In addition, begins the process of completing forms needed for appointments and retrieves tickler file of information (if appointment was made two weeks prior).
- Initiates communication with patients on completing pre-appointment requirements (e.g., registration forms, lab tests, x-rays,) via patient preference.
- Readies patient rooms for visit, setting up necessary equipment, instruments, supplies, and sterile field as appropriate.
- Rooms patients with friendly greeting utilizing AIDET and 2 patient identifiers, prepares them for visit; coordinates patient flow into exam rooms in preparation for the visit, gathers and documents pertinent data (vitals, medications, allergies) from patient and enters information into the medical record.
- Maintains complete and accurate patient record: documents chief complaint and condition, verifies medical history, allergies, medications, vitals and all patient interactions and treatments administered.
- Performs basic procedures and tests including point of care testing, blood draws, vision tests, injections, preparation of specimens, dressing changes, and BLS.( basic life support)
- Assists provider with examination, treatment and basic procedures as necessary.
- Assists with or performs special procedures within limits of training and protocol under the supervision of a physician or licensed provider.
- Gathers and communicates medical information as directed by the provider and documents appropriately.
- Maintains tracking system for diagnostic tests.
- Assists physician/provider with management of patient test results.
- Facilitates the processing of prescriptions by performing a complete review of medications with the patient and updating the medication list with changes as appropriate.
- Administers appropriate immunizations and injections utilizing MCIR when appropriate.
- Cleans and disinfects treatment rooms after use, appropriately disposing of used equipment/supplies, removing and storing unneeded medical devices/equipment, remaking bed with clean linens/paper
- Ensures exam rooms are properly stocked with supplies at all times.
- Communicates with patients, physicians, other office staff to provide excellence in patient care experience, including pre- and post-appointment.
- Completes the patient visit by reviewing care plan instructions with the patient and scheduling next appointment where applicable.
- Participates in the quality/performance initiatives of the office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.