ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
ALS provides testing in support of the Deep Submergence Systems Scope of Certification (DSS-SOC) program for the Navy. This is referred to as P-9290 off-gas testing.
What this entails:
- We receive items that need to be tested for their potential to off gas or emit chemicals.
- These can be small items, parts or components, or very large items weighing up to 300 pounds.
- We put these items into a specially constructed chamber - small or large - and pressurize the chamber.
- We then pull air samples from the chamber and test the samples.
We are looking for a capable candidate who can oversee and run our testing program. Ideally this would include project management - review scope of work with the client, confirm test conditions, ensure purchase orders/funding are in order, and other customer communications - as well as execution of the experiments and maintenance of chambers and support equipment.
Have to have mechanical aptitude - be able rig up a large and heavy object on an engine block hoist to place it into the large chamber, manage the pressurized gas cylinders, ensure the power supplies and heating units are in working order.
Good with tools and can solve problems.
Responsibilities Specific Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Review scope of work. Determine test conditions.
- Confirm project requirements with client. Coordinate shipping details, especially with large items/shipments.
- Receive samples/test items. This can include large, heavy objects. Manage safe receipt and storage within lab.
- Confirm shipment against manifest, scope of work, sort, organize and prepare samples.
- Set up chambers with samples.
- Collect air samples from the chambers via specialized equipment.
- Clean chambers between sample set-ups.
- Maintain chamber schedule, prioritize experiments/chamber runs, and establish clear expectations with clients regarding test schedule and reports.
- Technical aptitude for mechanical apparatus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details.
- Able communicate efficiently and clearly with clients, co-workers and managers.
- Can handle fast pace, can manage time efficiently, and once trained, can accomplish assigned tasks well on own.
- Diligent work ethic, reliable, able to work as a team member.
- MS office - Word, Excel, Adobe
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs and use a 4-step ladder
- Must be able to turn a 1 ¾ " wrench by hand
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment, valves
- Must have sufficient vision to be able to read labels
- Colorimetric tubes will be used - Cannot be color blind.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
This job has expired.