This job has expired.
A Mechanical Journeyperson includes ambitious pipefitters, machine repairman, millwrights, and toolmakers. You will work under minimal supervision with a high level of independent judgement and problem solving. You should be flexible enough to take on and tackle multiple job assignments in a shift.
Preferred Experience Includes:
• Experience with planned maintenance systems and predictive technologies
• Experience with industrial robotics, automation, and conveyance systems
• Follow established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and company procedures
• Maintain, dismantle, repair, and replace mechanical and hydraulic components (e. g. bearings, seals, details, carriers, etc.) on industrial machinery such as shafting, motors, generators, air compressors, engines, pumps, cylinders, gears, couplings, linkages, ball screws, high speed CNC spindles, coolant systems and filters, and combustion equipment and valves
• Layout, assemble, fabricate, maintain, and repair piping systems
• Use various hand or power tools for measuring, cutting, threading, grooving, bending, soldering, assembling, joining, and installing pipes, valves, and fittings
• Read and interpret blueprints for the mechanical operation and assembly of conveyor systems, material handling systems, robots, and other automation
• Operate mobile equipment (e.g. forklifts, vertical lifts, cranes)
• Determine loading requirements to rig equipment and material for lifting
• Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes
• Fabricate punches, tools, steel rule tools and t-sets to exact specifications
• Plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools or assemblies using blueprints, sketches, or models
• Determine quality of finished products, ensuring defect-free parts, by verifying dimensions, alignment, and clearances for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators
Additional Job Description
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
New York, New York
Posted 13 minutes ago
Posted 13 minutes ago
Posted 12 minutes ago