Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal's commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: Lead Designer
SUPERVISES: CAD Drafters, Designer I
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Responsible for 2D and 3D drawing development.
- Checking drawings created by CAD Drafters and Designer I
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree or higher in CAD preferred.
- 2 years minimum of 3D modeling experience
- 3 to 6 years of shipyard design or production/construction experience or equivalent experience.
- Experience in construction of high speed aluminum vessels preferred
- Experience with modular construction methods preferred
- Experience in design and construction of US Navy vessels preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of scheduling and an ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office products.
- Experienced in interacting with multiple design teams and members of production.
- Experience using 2D and 3D AutoCAD
- Basic draw and modify commands
- Layer types
- Line types
- Unit of measure
- Creating orthographic views from isometric drawings
- 3D modeling commands
- Creating 3D models from orthographic views or vendor furnished information
- Able to interface with models from other disciplines using the XREF command
- Able to model in 3D model space without interferences
- Experience with ShipConstructor preferred.
- Possess a good understanding of design in any of the following areas:
- Product Hierarchy
- Able to interpret system schematics, structural key plans, compartment arrangements, and electrical diagrams to create 3D CAD models.
- Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be eligible for employment with Austal USA:
- 18 years or older at time of application
- Able to provide proof of US Person status(permanent resident or citizen)
- No felony convictions of theft/deception or violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
- No felony convictions of drug crimes within three years from disposition date
- Willing to submit to a drug screen
- Willing to submit to a background check
Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, ShipConstructor, NavisworksDIRECTION EXERCISED:
- May lead the work of CAD Drafters and Designer I
- May determine technical adequacy of drawings and models developed by CAD Drafters and Designer I
- May train CAD Drafters and Designers I-III according to established standards and procedures.
- May work with Production Management, internal cross-functional design teams.
- May provide input to evaluations of CAD Drafters and Designer I
- CAD Drafters, Designers, Engineers, Production Personnel, Program Management, and Equipment Suppliers
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to humid conditions, bright flashing lights, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles at or below the PEL, toxic or caustic chemicals, and heat and cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud, + 90 dB.SAFETY
Must comply with company, federal, state, and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
This job has expired.