Every day, ANDRITZ continues to deliver successful innovative solutions to our customers globally. Why are we so successful? Because we are passionate and love what we do! We are at the forefront of future engineering technologies, with solutions that ensure the success of our clients in key industries that are shaping the future of the world we live in.
Disassembly and inspection of machines to determine required repair scope.
• Ability to perform diagnostic tests such as vibration analysis, bearing temperature measurement, visual crack detection, wear assessment, oil quality evaluation, cause of excessive noise etc.
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
• Experience in the use of precision measuring equipment to perform dimensional inspection of parts and T.I.R. inspection of rotating equipment such as shafts and bowls.
• Ability to perform liquid dye penetrant examination of parts to evaluate condition.
• Ability to determine whether a component should be replaced or repaired, documenting condition on inspection forms.
• Training in the balance of rotating assemblies.
• High mechanical aptitude.
• Willingness to travel in the US to perform removal, installation and field repairs of separation equipment.
• Obtain from either internal or external sources, copies of O & M manuals and parts lists for the machines for which quotes can be prepared.
• Maintain close cooperation and coordination with Service Center Manager and Production manager.
• Maintain a tidy work environment adhering to industry standards for safety and good housekeeping practices.
• Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Great organizational and time management ability.
• Willingness to execute work outside of standard business hours.
Qualifications Experience &Training
• Formal education - High School graduate or above.
• Minimum training should include certification as a skilled technician in a highly technical field, such as centrifuges, automatic transmission, chemical production machinery, rotary compressors or turbines etc.
• Experience with vibrations analysis, alignment and balancing equipment is a plus.
• Demonstrate the ability to disassemble and rebuild separation equipment, including checking and testing before restarting the separation equipment.
• Ability to work alone, in the field, on customer's equipment after extensive training and instruction from a skilled colleague.
Additional Experience & Qualifications desired
• Minimum of five years of mechanical industry experience.
• Ideally, show familiarity with applications in the separation industry, where high speed decanters are installed in the United States.
• Ability to work in a team-based environment as well as individually.
• The candidate will provide all personal tools required to execute centrifuge maintenance and repair.
• Strong mechanical aptitude with proficiency in the use of hand tools.
• Must be able to use precision measuring instruments and have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints
• Computer Skills are a plus
• Basic understanding of controls, electrical power requirements, motor interlocks & instrumentation
• Strong customer and solution focus
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to work without supervision at customers' sites
• Prior machinist experience is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 8193
Nearest Major Market: Huntington
Nearest Secondary Market: Ashland
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Franklin Park, Illinois
Posted about 2 hours ago